The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

That's why Sting always let Luger get a pasting.

Thanks for reminding me of Sting's brilliant face paint. FTR come out trying to harken back to Sting's troubles with the NWO (supposedly), but Sting strolls out as his own commemorative statue, crying tears of blood. I tell you, this kid's gonna be the future of this business.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Supremo said:

On the subject of AEW normally being such a good show, meaning the bad stuff is more noticeable, I’m hoping they address what the fuck happened with Santana and Ortiz on Rampage.

Them not coming out to help Jericho and Hager when they were attacked by American Top Team but then coming out for their match in the very next segment? That’s the type of oversight you wouldn’t normally expect from an otherwise cohesive, well thought-out product. Hopefully they come up with a reasonable explanation or it at least leads to something down the line.

65CC3A5B-2077-4063-93A5-26272D5D4175.thumb.png.d807af065390e143b5e7771cd26b0be0.png

“Me, Moxley, Santana and Ortiz were arguing about whether Cody even understands the Homelander character. Is he turning heel or does he just really like long capes? Does Brandi have an ego? Either way, we accidentally took their attention away from the monitor, and that’s why they let their mates get murdered and didn’t look particularly fussed moments later.” 

Isn’t the whole reason for a save being made is because they are aware of what’s going on in the ring? If they aren’t watching the live feed because they are getting ready for their match, how would they know?

That said, I think it will be addressed because the inner circle is getting more divided. Hager is with Jericho, but S & O are doing more stuff as a duo and even Sammy’s whole angle  with Miro is based on his mate Fuego and nothing to do with the IC. I can see this being the catalyst to a break up of the group.

@stewdogg everyone is allowed an opinion. But being factually wrong, and then doubling down on theories based in their own mind allows for challenging and calling out. If he had said Brandi sucks, or the Cody/Black match was crap, that’s an opinion. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

So then lads, Bray Wyatt as possible leader of The Dark Order?

In an ideal world, with it being in Brodie's hometown, Hangman would return on Wednesday to reunite the Dark Order and get himself back in the rankings for a title match at Full Gear.

Even with all the recent signings, Adam Page is still the one to dethrone Kenny for me, I have mentioned before but I would like Omega/Danielson to have another time limit draw (maybe take up a whole episode of Rampage and go 60 mins?) due to constant interference from the Bucks, which would in turn set up Danielson finding a partner to go against them, which would be CM Punk after he's done with Team Taz.

Omega/Hangman (Dynamite after FG is in Hangman's home town too) & Bucks/Punk & Danielson would be two cracking main events for the next PPV.

Omega/Danielson 3 where "There has to be a winner" is a ready made co main event for the February PPV, I don't think it needs the title as Danielson has constantly said he just wants to prove he's the better man.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Isn’t the whole reason for a save being made is because they are aware of what’s going on in the ring? If they aren’t watching the live feed because they are getting ready for their match, how would they know?

That said, I think it will be addressed because the inner circle is getting more divided. Hager is with Jericho, but S & O are doing more stuff as a duo and even Sammy’s whole angle  with Miro is based on his mate Fuego and nothing to do with the IC. I can see this being the catalyst to a break up of the group.

@stewdogg everyone is allowed an opinion. But being factually wrong, and then doubling down on theories based in their own mind allows for challenging and calling out. If he had said Brandi sucks, or the Cody/Black match was crap, that’s an opinion. 

I read somewhere (fuck knows where mind) that Jericho was ready to split them up, but Khan wants them to remain acquaintances, largely doing their own thing but remaining part of the Inner Circle, ready to come together as and when its needed.

• Paid Members

Whilst I don’t want to complain about Dynamite’s current form, it’s the most consistently great pro-wrestling TV show I can ever remember, but if there’s one thing it’s missing it’s John Silver flurries. I hope this changes soon. This guy is the best!

Has Page...kinda blown it? I totally understand why he wanted the time off and its great that the company gave it to him, but he's essentially missed their two biggest shows where new viewers would have been tuning in and it feels people now just want Bryan/Omega again. Timing is everything in life, and it maybe just feels that everything was set for him and possibly its drifted a bit from what would have been the crowning achievement.

• Paid Members

I'm hesitant to say yes because it felt like we've already had that discussion once before and they turned it around on us. I definitely want to see Omega/Danielson again but I just know as soon as that handsome cowboy turns up on my screen my fickle heart will be ready to get back on that train.

There's almost a chance he comes back feeling like a bigger deal through being away during the debuts rather than being overshadowed by them and people missing him but it's genuinely hard to predict.

• Paid Members

Watched the Danielson/Omega match with my three year old in the room. Yes I am a terrible parent, but the point of this is that when CM Punk came on after she randomly said 'I want to be like him'. 

She's never said that about Bluey, Disney or Cbeebies character. 

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Has Page...kinda blown it? I totally understand why he wanted the time off and its great that the company gave it to him, but he's essentially missed their two biggest shows where new viewers would have been tuning in and it feels people now just want Bryan/Omega again. Timing is everything in life, and it maybe just feels that everything was set for him and possibly its drifted a bit from what would have been the crowning achievement.

Thing is, the whole thing with AEW is it's supposed to be this place where you can do something like take paternity leave and not be worried about losing your spot. If he comes back and has actually lost his spot...doesn't look great.

Surely the one of the main points to having Danielson/Omega so early was because by the time Danielson has had enough wins to rise up to the ranking to the number one contender spot Omega will have lost the belt to Hangman. The match wouldn't have as much impact if Omega doesn't have the belt and isn't the "certified best in the company" anymore.

I think if they weren't going ahead with the plan to switch the title over the Hangman, they'd have held off on the Danielson/Omega match and waited until Bryan could actually challenge for the title.

Or something, I dunno.