The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

13 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

If AEW have to lose any wrestler from the mid card upwards, then Cage really wouldn't be a person I'd be worried about losing. Bang average. I'd imagine WWE would be interested in his look, but definitely not his work. He'd be Keith Lee in no time if he didn't massively adapt. 

Also, what the fuck is Homelander?

Firstly, I totally agree about Cage. I just don’t see the upside.

Secondly, Homelander is the villain in Amazon TV series The Boys (and the comic book series it’s based on). He’s essentially Superman, and the world thinks that’s who he is, but secretly he’s an egotistical, corrupt and generally evil person. The show’s worth a watch, it’s very entertaining, and although I’ve not read the comic, I’ve heard that’s good too.

Edited by RedRooster

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

If AEW have to lose any wrestler from the mid card upwards, then Cage really wouldn't be a person I'd be worried about losing. Bang average. I'd imagine WWE would be interested in his look, but definitely not his work. He'd be Keith Lee in no time if he didn't massively adapt. 

Also, what the fuck is Homelander?

I suspect Brian Cage wouldn't be able to pass WWE piss tests.

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

Coming off the back of last night’s episode of Dark Side of the Ring I would normally assume Brian Cage could do some type of Kanyon tribute match on this week’s show. I had no idea they had a connection and it was really cool seeing the clips of Cage doing all of Kanyon’s moves.

But having a quick look at where the fuck he’s been it seems Cage and his wife have been bitching online about his portrayal and all the new stars coming in. I guess that explains why the Cage vs. Starks stuff seems to have fizzled out. Maybe no Kanyon tribute match after all, then. Shame.

I remember interviewing Cage and it's clear he love Kanyon. A lovely guy.

Cage is also out with an injury currently which is why the angle hasn't moved forward.

Not much to add except watching Danielson vs Omega over breakfast this morning was the best Saturday morning I've had in ages. That match was fantastic, although I winced at the snap dragon suplex on the ramp and one of the suplexes on Kenny. Bit head-droppy for me. 

But yeah that was just incredible. The crowd exploding at the opening bell was a brilliant moment and they were super hot (could've done without the 'mugging for the cameras' lads in the front row but that's par for the course these days) and added to the 'big fight feel'

Also, what a brilliant venue. Top shit.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Not much to add except watching Danielson vs Omega over breakfast this morning was the best Saturday morning I've had in ages. That match was fantastic, although I winced at the snap dragon suplex on the ramp and one of the suplexes on Kenny. Bit head-droppy for me.

Watching Rampage this morning there were a few more spots on the ramp and it seemed like it was really slippery. I don’t know if it’s a case of maybe Kenny’s feet slipped out from under him as he arched back for the move, but I don’t think they were going for something as head-droopy as it ended up looking

56 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Is it me or does Brian Pillman move really slowly ? Like his punches, kicks , chops etc..

Like even him running the ropes seems to be in slow motion at times …

Think this was my first time seeing him and I didn't think much of him to be honest.

That fucking hair as well...

On 9/23/2021 at 7:59 AM, FelatioLips said:

Thought the show was PPV quality but by the time it got to the main event the crowd were getting worn out. Time limit draw or not I’d have had Omega vs Danielson go on last and finish with the brawl to promote the tag on Dynamite. 

I reckon they were worried about running out of time; Jericho mentioned recently on his podcast that on one PPV every match had gone over their allotted time and they had to cut Mark Henry’s debut short as a result 

On 9/23/2021 at 2:56 PM, Perry said:

Don't know how much of the story is true, but apparently the reason why ITV aren't going to air Rampage is because their deal with AEW comes to an end pretty soon and ITV don't have plans to renew. 

I no longer watch WWE so if Dynamite disappears I’ll be a bit gutted as it’s a Saturday morning highlight for me personally with a brew 

• Paid Members

I wonder whether it'll end up on Sky or another channel, or whether they'll just be on Fite going forward. It'd be annoying if there was no way to watch Dynamite for free as it's a good show.

That Danielson match was really good. 

Pillman Jr does look a little bulkier than he should be, but then sometimes he'll do a move and look just like his dad when he does. MJF needed the win after his loss to Jericho. Don't know where he'd go from here. 

The fans really don't like Cody, but his mannerisms and things this week had ne thinking his gimmick might actually be that he's a heel who thinks he's a babyface like others have suggested here. Is this feud going to drag on until Full Gear? 

Sting in the dirty face paint was a good look. FTR are really good. I liked their nWo inspired gear after a few weeks of the Midnight Express homage. It was a fun match? 

The main was alright. I guess they could carry on the feud and do a match with Rebel & Hayter banned from ringside, but I figure Ruby will just get shuffled back into the pack and Britt will have a match with somebody else in a couple of weeks until maybe she wrestles Thunder Rosa at Full Gear?