The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Thing is, the whole thing with AEW is it's supposed to be this place where you can do something like take paternity leave and not be worried about losing your spot. If he comes back and has actually lost his spot...doesn't look great.

I'm not saying he'll 'lose his spot' I'm saying that does Page's win have that impact that it would, and are people's wants now changing. Sometimes delays mean focus shifts onto other people. It feels like something has moved. I hope Im wrong

hangman lost his spot in the ten man tag as if he lost he dropped out the top 5. I really hope they have something good for him to come back to, that he’s still been mentioned on BTE says there is something still to go in the story. WWE has just set out expectations that it’ll be managed badly. Really hope it’s something good he returns to 

10 hours ago, Factotum said:

I'm not saying he'll 'lose his spot' I'm saying that does Page's win have that impact that it would, and are people's wants now changing. Sometimes delays mean focus shifts onto other people. It feels like something has moved. I hope Im wrong

I've got faith that they planned this to some extent. I expect he has known he was going to be popping off for a bit of daddy duty around this time for a while. It's true when it was arranged that Punk/ Bryan was probably not on the cards but I think it's being managed well. As mentioned if they were going to have Bryan rip the belt of Omega, I think they would have waited for match 1. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bryan feud pause while he heads into another direction for a bit now as well, plenty of Omegas feuds have gone on 'pause' and fired back up well even if we didn't realize there was more to come at the time (Jericho, Pac, Mox).

Genuinely the only thing that worries me is they are going to use the Dark Order for Wyatt's debut and have him feud with Page for months which probably would kill everything off. Hopefully I am wrong and something else occurs though. 

• Paid Members

They could easily include the arrivals of Punk & Danielson in the Hangman storyline too, given the crux of it is he doesn't believe he is good enough to beat Kenny/be the champ.

Two more massive names showing up would probably only exacerbate that problem in his mind, but you could do something like have him hand Punk his first AEW loss (I don't get the feeling that Punk will go too long without putting someone over as he's got his own "am I good enough anymore" story going on) and/go to a TV time remaining draw with Danielson after which they endorse him to go after Kenny.

and he’s heavy rotten and has been for years. There’s no need for any debuts for months to come. Punks already feeling less of a deal from the two that came after him. There’s loads of good wrestlers who can’t get on shows. Let Bray go do his nonsense on impact, where at least no one will have to watch it 

what Dynamite needs tonight is a handsome cowboy 

I was listening to the latest 83 Weeks with Bischoff. He was saying that if they do have a Bray Wyatt signed, it would be a good idea to save that for the change to TBS. Which I do think would be a good idea. Debuting on a new channel in January is a bit of a dead zone. Having some surprises lined up would help generate the extra buzz.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I was listening to the latest 83 Weeks with Bischoff. He was saying that if they do have a Bray Wyatt signed, it would be a good idea to save that for the change to TBS. Which I do think would be a good idea. Debuting on a new channel in January is a bit of a dead zone. Having some surprises lined up would help generate the extra buzz.

Of course Eric would pay him for 3 months to sit at home 🤣