The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Holy fuck. I thought he had other people read these before he published them?

Edited by Louch
Irony in me needing to edit

1 hour ago, dopper said:

That line MJF did last week about Darby Allin looking like a “school shooter” went right over Dave Meltzer’s head. 

DF525C80-4859-4FE6-A72A-8F359D8F66EC.jpeg

I'm not normally one to jump to Dave's defense but I legitimately think this is just an example of his weird sense of humour at play.

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I'm not normally one to jump to Dave's defense but I legitimately think this is just an example of his weird sense of humour at play. 

It's Dave Meltzer. He's almost as detached from real things as the people he writes about.

Dave got whooshed about Bret Hart buying & reselling a mansion in Springfield to Monty Burns, it’s perfectly plausible that he got whooshed here too. Everything in his world revolves around wrestling. He’ll talk a little MMA and Boxing sure, but wrestling is his be-all end-all and it’s possible he just heard the word shooter and his ‘wrestl-ey sense’ kicked in and all other context got lost.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

If you’ve read or listened to Dave for any length of time then you know there’s absolutely zero chance that was an attempt at comedy. I’ve not listened to Observer Radio for a while but I’d be astonished if that line from MJF didn’t set him off on a five minute tangent on how Darby ranks as an amateur wrestler, where you can almost hear Bryan completely zoning out.

Bobby Fish coming in as a singles doesn’t interest me at all. But listening to Adam Cole on Jericho’s podcast, where they tease the idea of all of Undisputed Era one day coming in to feud with The Elite? Yes please! Young Bucks vs. Fish and O'Reilly has the potential to be the greatest PPV opener of all time. Would make for a cracking Blood and Guts match, too. Hopefully Tony Khan doesn’t let Kyle dress himself though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Bobby Fish coming in as a singles doesn’t interest me at all. But listening to Adam Cole on Jericho’s podcast, where they tease the idea of all of Undisputed Era one day coming in to feud with The Elite? Yes please! Young Bucks vs. Fish and O'Reilly has the potential to be the greatest PPV opener of all time. Would make for a cracking Blood and Guts match, too. Hopefully Tony Khan doesn’t let Kyle dress himself though.

Can't think of anything I want to see less than any of that. Still, would free up 3 hours a week for me.

• Paid Members

Undisputed Era were probably my favourite part of NXT 1.0. Certainly in those last few years. Just a solid bunch of pricks having mostly great matches. And to see how my least favourite part, Adam Cole, has come into AEW and become a joy to watch, over as fuck, an entrance straight out of white hot 1998, having super fun matches without any of the melodrama? I’d kill for him to bring the UE lads in after the inevitable split with Omega.

• Paid Members

Kenny and the Good Brothers Vs the SuperKliq?  Or if we're going 8 man stick Nakazawa on Kenny's team and Cutler with the SuperKliq. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz