The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Genuinely didn't see that coming. Nice to be surprised every now and then. 

Good show for one without a huge card announced. Enjoyed all of the moving parts. Most of the acts I don't like were in one match and got their arses kicked. Everything else was going somewhere I'm interested in. Now tell us when we are going to get Mox and Crazy Eddie as tag champs!

Tay Conti and Anna Jay celebrating with -1 is one of the nicest moments in wrestling. Heart warming and breaking in equal measure.

That show was brilliant, it just felt like it flew by. 

As @tiger_rick said, Tay and Anna celebrating with -1 was a really lovely moment. The emotion in Tay's face during both tribute segments, and her interactions with Brodie jr genuinely brought a tear to my eye. AEW has done brilliantly by that family, it's great to see. 

MJF/Darby is an interesting direction for the company to go. It feels like Darby needs a win after the CM Punk loss, and MJF probably does too, after being beaten by Jericho. I was also with the crowd during his promo - I really wanted to see CM Punk confront him, a feud between the two could be excellent. 

The Cody stuff was interesting, although it was a little jarring to hear Arn say he'd blow a man's brains out. I'm not entirely sure what they're going for with Cody, but so far, I'm definitely along for the ride. 

I was a bit disappointed to see Miro lose the TNT title, simply because he's been so entertaining to watch. I still think Sammy is dull as a babyface, but hopefully this will be the spark he needs to catch fire as a character once again. I certainly don't dislike him, and it's nice to see him get a TNT title run, however long it lasts. It's interesting that none of The Inner Circle came out to celebrate with him, so maybe they really are done as an on-screen faction. 

I absolutely loved the Cole/Jungle Boy match, and had it not been for Omega/Danielson last week, I'd have said this was my favourite TV match of the year. I wasn't a massive fan of Adam Cole heading into his AEW run, but he's winning me over. 

I was a little surprised to see Lio Rush come back, and I'm glad he's returning with a set character in mind. He seemed to play the part well to the point it felt like a gimmick that might work well. We'll see, but it was a promising start. 

It was nice to see Serena Deeb get TV time, and the quality of her promo left me wondering once again why they don't use her more. 

Rampage sounds like it'll be good this week. Danielson/Nick Jackson could be brilliant, and I'm also looking forward to the women's triple threat. They've done a brilliant job building up Jade Cargill, and the idea of her stepping into the ring with Rose and Nyla is really exciting. 

• Paid Members

So Sammy’s first defence was announced in an interview during Rhodes to the top and 

Spoiler

The forbidden door has let in Bobby Fish from MLW. Interesting choice.

Enjoyable show, once again flew by. Obviously gutted to not see Page return but that said Having Amanda and -1 be the catalyst for the Dark Order getting their shit together was the right call. Noticed Punk never mentioned Colt once so that’s still not resolved.

Opener was Jungle Boys best match since his TNT title match. The main event was great. Miro had to lose at some point, and they have been building the story beautifully for it so I’m happy.

• Paid Members

@RedRooster Serena's been off TV because she's been injured. She is good. I wonder whether she'll be back soon to put Britt over and draw things out until her match with Thunder Rosa. 

10 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

JR shitting on the dark order saying some of them had no class at all was odd, right after punk trying to shit on the fact that anna wasnt wearing dark order colors. 

I don't see how that's "shitting on" - they were both trying to get across the storyline of there being dissent in the group. 

I actually think Jim Ross has stepped it up significantly on the announce desk in recent months. He still has moments of grump, but overall I enjoy the slightly disfunctional team of Tony, Ross and Excalibur. 

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

@RedRooster Serena's been off TV because she's been injured. She is good. I wonder whether she'll be back soon to put Britt over and draw things out until her match with Thunder Rosa. 

Thanks, I didn't know that. Having said that, even before then she was rarely a fixture on Dynamite, bar the odd no-context NWA title defence. 

29 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

It was nice to see Serena Deeb get TV time, and the quality of her promo left me wondering once again why they don't use her more. 

Deeb has been out wit a knee injury and working as an agent for them while recovering 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

I don't see how that's "shitting on" - they were both trying to get across the storyline of there being dissent in the group. 

The segment right before it showed them all hugging while Excalibur is saying how they have reconciled as they host - 1 up and all pose.  

Its almost like its filmed out of order and those comments should be made before they made up and got back together

• Paid Members

I really hope Miro dropping the belt is going to make him even more angry, violent and uncontrollable, just tearing through people.

There's a few places they could go with that dynamic - he could keep Moxley busy while he's out of the title picture, The Elite could throw him in the path of Bryan Danielson, or he could be Punk's next opponent. So long as they don't go with Miro/Lana vs. Cody/Brandi I think we're all good!

27 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I really hope Miro dropping the belt is going to make him even more angry, violent and uncontrollable, just tearing through people.

I wouldn't be shocked if he won the world title shot next week, deciding to hold off on his title match until God tells him the "time is right" (which would presumably be against Danielson or Page, after they defeat Omega)

Miro menacingly announcing that his God had told him the time was right to use his title shot, before announcing the location could lead to a run of fun-but-terrifying promos, as he counts down the weeks until what he believes is his destiny.

Heck, that wouldn't be a bad match at all to run on the New Year's Eve Rampage.