Paid Members mim731 Posted October 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted October 3, 2021 Hangman as the joker? I guess it would be a nice call back to him winning the original casino battle royale in that spot, and it instantly sets him up against Kenny for Full Gear without needed him to go through the rankings. Not sure it's what they necessarily should do, but I wonder if that's the direction they're going with?
Merzbow Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 They could do a little something with him and Bryan in the lead up, I do wonder how the fans would go when having to choose between them.
69MeDon Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 I'll put this here since it's sorta related: Rhodes To The Top is alright.
Project Nim Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 Great opener between Cole and Jungle Boy. Do we reckon Cody’s going to have to turn heel? Is Lio Rush’s new gimmick that he is an accountant??
Tsurutagun Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 10 minutes ago, Project Nim said: Is Lio Rush’s new gimmick that he is an accountant?? He's one of those guys who buys stocks apparently. Basically he's Cameron Grimes but he got his money without it being a fluke. Gut feeling tells me he buys out Private Party's contract and it ends up bring Rush vs Hardy down the line.
Keith Houchen Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 On 10/1/2021 at 8:48 AM, Nick James said: Between AEW, Fulham and whatever he does with the Jaguars, He better not be trying to take credit for Fulham getting battered by the forums favourite team yesterday!
Love-Wilcox Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 This is what Moxley/Suzuki should’ve been: ?♂️
TildeGuy~! Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said: This is what Moxley/Suzuki should’ve been: ?♂️ Seek out their match from 2020 in NJPW.
RedRooster Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 12 hours ago, mim731 said: Hangman as the joker? I guess it would be a nice call back to him winning the original casino battle royale in that spot, and it instantly sets him up against Kenny for Full Gear without needed him to go through the rankings. Not sure it's what they necessarily should do, but I wonder if that's the direction they're going with? I don’t know why, but I’d not even considered that it might be him. I can’t quite decide if I’d be happy to see him win the title shot right now or not, Omega/Danielson II is the match I really want to see at Full Gear. I love Hangman, but the Omega/Danielson feud has been really enjoyable.
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted October 3, 2021 If Hangman was the joker he'd have to win AND win the title at Full Gear or I think that'd be in for him as far as a title aspiration. He could have some defences against the other Elite members until he crosses paths with Punk, Danielson or Miro somewhere down the line. I can see him getting a huge pop if he does come back then. He's as close to a homegrown star as they've got.
Infinity Land Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 Hangman is going to be fine. Just look at how the recent Lucha Bros and Sammy Guevara wins were received. Due to their history, everyone wants to see him beat Kenny for the title. The problem is going to be what comes next.
andrew "the ref" coyne Posted October 3, 2021 Posted October 3, 2021 1 hour ago, Infinity Land said: Hangman is going to be fine. Just look at how the recent Lucha Bros and Sammy Guevara wins were received. Due to their history, everyone wants to see him beat Kenny for the title. The problem is going to be what comes next. They've been doing a nice job introducing some formidable heels / potential heels. Adam Cole, Miro, Malakai Black, Cody Rhodes, Power House Hobbs, Jon Moxley. He'll be a fine. They've done a great job preparing for the inevitable face champion.
Paid Members mim731 Posted October 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted October 4, 2021 8 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said: They've been doing a nice job introducing some formidable heels / potential heels. Adam Cole, Miro, Malakai Black, Cody Rhodes, Power House Hobbs, Jon Moxley. He'll be a fine. They've done a great job preparing for the inevitable face champion. You can probably add one of Punk or Danielson to that list eventually too, as a heel turn for one of them feels inevitable.
RedRooster Posted October 4, 2021 Posted October 4, 2021 16 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said: They've been doing a nice job introducing some formidable heels / potential heels. Adam Cole, Miro, Malakai Black, Cody Rhodes, Power House Hobbs, Jon Moxley. He'll be a fine. They've done a great job preparing for the inevitable face champion. I like the idea of Page vs. Nick Jackson vs. Matt Jackson as a title match. It allows them to revisit that storyline, and creates quite an interesting dynamic as far as the match goes. Page vs. Ricky Starks could be a great TV match, elevating Ricky, while Page vs. a heel Christian could also be fun, given that Page losing his title shot led to Christian main eventing the highest grossing AEW PPV of all time. I also like the idea of Page vs. Andrade. I'm really interested in who they view as the person Page drops the title to. A few months ago I would have said MJF is the obvious choice, but with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Black, Miro and even Adam Cole now on the roster, there are a wealth of credible options.
Chili Posted October 4, 2021 Posted October 4, 2021 I'm alright with Page maybe winning on some TV special if they have one in December again, or hang on to Revolution. They could probably pull it off.
Recommended Posts