The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

That came from a Brian cage interview from what I read. He was complaining that everything is Tony only when at the start the evp’s where involved. But didn’t that change happen like 2 Decembers ago after that shit show ending before Christmas with the DO attack on the elite? If so that was before he was even in aew to Complain about it being better then 

27 minutes ago, Nick James said:

According to news sources (and no surprise at all really), but Tony Khan has taken total control of creative now and the EVP's are no longer involved. I think that's been obvious there has been a shift with the quality they have been putting out consistently of late. Apparently, Cody was the only person who used to turn up to the creative meetings, which would also explain his stuff feeling like its in a vacuum compared to others. 

Between AEW, Fulham and whatever he does with the Jaguars, Tony is on his way to not sleeping for 6 days and getting 24 hours in one stint. God help him if someone sneezes near him. 

That report that had been worked on for "2 months" pretty much repeated things that were known for quite a while. Tony Khan came out publicly saying he was taking control of creative as there was the initial backlash.

If you watched the BTS stuff you saw that Cody was helping to produce on the early shows, but we now know he was off making other shows and trying to become a crossover star. Kenny's main focus was meant to be on the Games and Women's Division.

It was never really clear what the Bucks were doing as EVPs other than making jokes about million dollar contract offers on BTE.

8 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

That report that had been worked on for "2 months" pretty much repeated things that were known for quite a while. Tony Khan came out publicly saying he was taking control of creative as there was the initial backlash.

If you watched the BTS stuff you saw that Cody was helping to produce on the early shows, but we now know he was off making other shows and trying to become a crossover star. Kenny's main focus was meant to be on the Games and Women's Division.

It was never really clear what the Bucks were doing as EVPs other than making jokes about million dollar contract offers on BTE.

Not sure about Nick but Matt and his wife are behind the merchandise stuff for the company, and she’s been involved with the Bucks’ merch alone since they were really hitting it big on the indies

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Not sure about Nick but Matt and his wife are behind the merchandise stuff for the company, and she’s been involved with the Bucks’ merch alone since they were really hitting it big on the indies

Dana Massie, she's Chief Merchandising Officer.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I think he’s been in long enough now that we can talk about Bryan Danielson’s promos in AEW. There’s always a weird adjustment when guys move over from WWE to AEW but I think Danielson has been a specific, ironic case. In WWE, he always managed to make everything work because of how real and authentic he felt amongst a bunch of robots all talking and acting the same. In AEW though, he’s somehow managing to feel like the most robotic, WWE man on the roster. All the, “no balls!” stuff and trying to force the fans to chant stuff reeks of Monday Night Raw and feels really out of place on Dynamite.

It makes me think about the way he specifically mentioned learning so much from Vince in his thank you post the other week. You wonder if he’s maybe taken a bit too much from Vince in the sense of how promos and characters are created and delivered. A little too much in how stories are, “supposed,” to be told. It’s obviously early days yet but I’m starting to wonder if he’s brought one too many brain worms with him in terms of pro-wrestling psychology.

Luckily, he’s so fucking great in the ring that I don’t think it’ll matter overall, but it does worry me going forward. In fact, the more WWE-isms Danielson displays in his character and promo work, the more I’m convinced he’s going to be the Joker in that ladder match next week, and that’s how he’s going to leapfrog the ranking system and get his Title match with Omega. That would be such a WWE thing to do, where a guy gets the title shot in a cheap, shitty way, but because, “iTs LeGaL~!” they won’t grasp the awful psychology or how it could leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Hopefully I’m wrong but given what we’ve seen so far it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Danielson pitched the idea, clouded by his broken WWE brain. Maybe it wouldn’t be the worst idea, anyway. If they botch Danielson and he has to turn heel sooner than they originally planned then that just opens the door for my main man to walk out of the shadows and save the fucking day.

• Paid Members

When Cody and came out for the tag match Lee Johnson and Arn came out of the babyface entrance and Brandy came out of the heel entrance, which is a nice touch on his "Homelander" style character.

44 minutes ago, Supremo said:

trying to force the fans to chant stuff reeks of Monday Night Raw

It's all those Butlins shows he did over here. Just wait until he starts saying "Shall I?"

I am more and more convinced that he is turning heel soon. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think he’s been in long enough now that we can talk about Bryan Danielson’s promos in AEW. There’s always a weird adjustment when guys move over from WWE to AEW but I think Danielson has been a specific, ironic case. In WWE, he always managed to make everything work because of how real and authentic he felt amongst a bunch of robots all talking and acting the same. In AEW though, he’s somehow managing to feel like the most robotic, WWE man on the roster. All the, “no balls!” stuff and trying to force the fans to chant stuff reeks of Monday Night Raw and feels really out of place on Dynamite.

It makes me think about the way he specifically mentioned learning so much from Vince in his thank you post the other week. You wonder if he’s maybe taken a bit too much from Vince in the sense of how promos and characters are created and delivered. A little too much in how stories are, “supposed,” to be told. It’s obviously early days yet but I’m starting to wonder if he’s brought one too many brain worms with him in terms of pro-wrestling psychology.

Luckily, he’s so fucking great in the ring that I don’t think it’ll matter overall, but it does worry me going forward. In fact, the more WWE-isms Danielson displays in his character and promo work, the more I’m convinced he’s going to be the Joker in that ladder match next week, and that’s how he’s going to leapfrog the ranking system and get his Title match with Omega. That would be such a WWE thing to do, where a guy gets the title shot in a cheap, shitty way, but because, “iTs LeGaL~!” they won’t grasp the awful psychology or how it could leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Hopefully I’m wrong but given what we’ve seen so far it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Danielson pitched the idea, clouded by his broken WWE brain. Maybe it wouldn’t be the worst idea, anyway. If they botch Danielson and he has to turn heel sooner than they originally planned then that just opens the door for my main man to walk out of the shadows and save the fucking day.

This post is unhinged. 

18 minutes ago, gmoney said:

This post is unhinged. 

Yeah, Supremo mate, this reads like a massive overreacting or some mad fear. It's amazing what WWE doing feck all for years does to a wrestling fans expectations and fears. That's not even a cheap WWE knock. I think it's legit. 

• Paid Members

Apologies if I waffled a load of nonsense! I probably put too much thought and get too excited to have a product I actually enjoy and can mull over.

Cody Rhodes though, eh? 

Edited by Supremo

6 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

It's all those Butlins shows he did over here. Just wait until he starts saying "Shall I?"

I am more and more convinced that he is turning heel soon. 

I want to see that so much. Let's go full Perry Saturn bump on the head and have him think he's back in 2002-4 wrestling for Dixon. He can have a foam hand as a best friend and flog backstage passes to kids that allow people to only meet Luther and other Dark fodder. 

8 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Classic Brit Wres with their shitty tribute acts. 

I hope this was a typo or I have been whooshed. 

Think it’s the other fodder talent from the show Dark. The low low card guys 

7 hours ago, Supremo said:

Apologies if I waffled a load of nonsense! I probably put too much thought and get too excited to have a product I actually enjoy and can mull over.

Cody Rhodes though, eh? 

Na you are just seeing him for what he is. I’ll get your club jacket in the post Monday :D