Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The worst part of the whole festive period is when my mum and wife force me to watch Call The Midwife with them.

Had a run of having to watch Downton Abbey every year. I'm glad that seems to be over. Absolute bilge. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The worst part of the whole festive period is when my mum and wife force me to watch Call The Midwife with them.

I would double like this if I could. The secret of eternal life lies in Call the Midwife, because the episode I watched could not possibly have been less than 10 hours long, yet only 2 had passed when the closing credits rolled.

  • Paid Members
Posted

My Dad used to have to sit through Call The Midwife. I once asked him how he coped and he said “I just stare at the cars when the shot is outside and think of the cars when it’s inside”, which is a bit like looking for the helpers when they’re showing traumatic events on the news I guess

I’m one of the lucky ones that has never seen an episode. It must be tough, you don’t even get the relief of a few adverts to break it up like Downton 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't dislike Call The Midwife per se, it's just that every episode seems to be exactly the same story, just with a different disease, or a different family of impoverished kids.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Could also be a Jesus fucking Christ contender. This is just twenty minutes of what is apparently a four hour conversation. Forget Frost/Nixon. We have Barton/Icke.

Edited by TheBurningRed
  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Could also be a Jesus fucking Christ contender. This is just twenty minutes of what is apparently a four hour conversation. Forget Frost/Nixon. We have Barton/Icke.

Putting their heads together and sounding like a bowling alley.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...