Paid Members FLips Posted February 6 Paid Members Posted February 6 One of the big issues with SNL sketches is they can’t usually think of a punchline to end on, so they get big laughs at the start or middle, but very rarely land it. I’m not going to lie and say I find SNL unfunny, there have been sketches that I’ve really laughed at, but they nearly all trail off to a weak end. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted February 6 Posted February 6 2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: No mentions of Craig Ferguson, how very dare you all. there's a Jerry Sadowitz bootleg from a few years back where he's asking the audience for comedians names so he can then reply back with an instant opinion, someone eventually says Craig Ferguson's name and he yells back something like "WHO THE FUCK SAID CRAIG FERGUSON?" then (I think) throws a towel at them for annoying him, whenever I see his name the absolutely furious delivery of WHO THE FUCK SAID CRAIG FERGUSON is all I can think of when he comes up. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted February 6 Posted February 6 Im surprised Jay Leno hasn't been mentioned yet. Loved watching his show and even better that Max Weinberg was the drummer on his band. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 6 Paid Members Posted February 6 1 hour ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Im surprised Jay Leno hasn't been mentioned yet. Loved watching his show and even better that Max Weinberg was the drummer on his band. Because Leno is a massive prick. Fuck him. But also try and find The Late Shift, a tv movie about who took over Johnny Carson’s late night slot. AND he screwed over Conan as well. Fuck him and his Big Bad Beetleborgs chin. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted February 6 Posted February 6 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Big Bad Beetleborgs Fucking hell, that's something I haven't thought about in 30+ years Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 2 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said: Fucking hell, that's something I haven't thought about in 30+ years Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted February 7 Awards Moderator Posted February 7 I’m not happy that this Scrubs reboot keeps popping up on my phone. Zach Braff boils my blood. I have no idea why. I just detest him. This is going to be worse than Mulhearn doing Catchphrase instead of Walker. I mentioned trying to watch Scrubs during my 2020 raging alcoholic depression phase on here and I’m still getting this content pop up. Turn the secret microphones off, Moo. Eraserhead, there, with Enzo Scifo’s boots on. A gigantic no. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 14 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Im surprised Jay Leno hasn't been mentioned yet. Loved watching his show and even better that Max Weinberg was the drummer on his band. Max Weinberg and The Max Weinberg Seven were the house band on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and went with Conan when he did the Tonight Show. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Conan (and Andy ❤️), and Later with Greg Kinnear on a 24 hour delay on NBC Super Channel was my late night viewing almost every night in the mid 90s. FIFTEEN PERCENT TAX CUT... BOB DOLE!! Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted February 7 Posted February 7 I was sure Jay had Max on there. Must have been mistaken. My bad Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 (edited) He was The Tonight Show house bandleader, just not when Leno was hosting. Maybe he did the odd guest slot for Leno. I only ever knew Max Weinberg as Conan's house bandleader. Imagine my surprise when I saw him in a random Bruce Springsteen video one time. Edited February 7 by johnnyboy Quote
wordsfromlee Posted February 15 Posted February 15 35 minutes ago, Ralphy said: American Bacon, wtf is that It’s called streaky bacon over here. It’s good stuff. Quote
westlondonmist Posted February 15 Posted February 15 1 hour ago, Ralphy said: American Bacon, wtf is that It's the work of the devil Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 15 Paid Members Posted February 15 Streaky bacon crisped up to perfection is fantastic, or wrapped around a sausages to make pigs in blankets. Anyone with streakyphobia clearly hasn't had it cooked right. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 16 Moderators Posted February 16 I only buy streaky these days, far superior to back bacon. More fat, more flavour! Quote
King Coconut Posted February 16 Posted February 16 I've learned to love streaky as I can't get hold of back bacon here. It took 20 years of kicking and screaming mind. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.