Paid Members Scratch Posted December 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2025 Everything about this sounds as awful as everything else related to FIFA. But I do always get a kick from top brass of any massive organisation spouting the hyperbole like they’re finally going to provide a rival to sliced bread. Admittedly, EA didn’t exactly set the bar very high, but let’s be honest and recognise this as the steaming turd it’ll almost certainly be. Quote
westlondonmist Posted December 18, 2025 Posted December 18, 2025 Can't wait to play the Road to the FIFA Peace Prize career mode. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 12 Posted January 12 (edited) Looks like it has none of the fun or humour of the original and that they're trying to make it serious and brooding. Like they've fed the original movie through a Jordan Peele script generator. Also, Jack fucking Whitehall. Edited January 12 by wordsfromlee Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 13 Paid Members Posted January 13 Keke Palmer seriously needs to fire her agent. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 4 Awards Moderator Posted February 4 Emma Sidi is great. Her, plus having one of Sheeps as a head writer, means I’ll be giving it a chance. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 4 Paid Members Posted February 4 I'm pleasantly surprised by that lineup on the basis that I don't know any of them. I fully expected some Nish Kumar / Rob Beckett bullshit. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted February 4 Paid Members Posted February 4 I’ve only heard of Ania Magliano via Taskmaster and Paddy Young. Paddy Young has wrote for the fantastic Fin vs The Internet, so I’d have faith in him writing some good stuff for the show. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted February 4 Paid Members Posted February 4 It’s a hit and (mostly) miss concept and they have a who’s who of who’s that? cast. The biggest issue though, and one SNL has came to realise the last couple of seasons is that the world is beyond parody now. Political jokes aren’t funny because politics isn’t funny anymore. It’s a hellscape we all live in. I don’t need some comedian I’ve never heard of doing bad impressions to remind me of that. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted February 4 Posted February 4 (edited) I'm very interested to see how it turns out as there’s some great comics in that line up. Ayoade Bamgboye won best newcomer at the Edinburgh Comedy Awards last year and I’ve heard people rave about her. Celeste Dring is one half of Lazy Susan who had a hilarious sketch show a couple of years ago that I think is still on iPlayer well worth everyone’s time (she’s also Sluggs girlfriend in This Country). Ania Magliano and Emma Sidi were great in Taskmaster. I also watched Anias stand up special that was on Sky over the new year and it was really good. And Al Nash has got that juice. You can’t really win with a show like this because if you fill it with newcomers then people do their best owl impressions, and if it’s all well know faces then people moan that it’s the same comics being used over and over. Edited February 4 by wordsfromlee Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 4 Paid Members Posted February 4 Putting Emma Sidi in it is such a despicable way of getting me to definitely watch this certain piece of crap. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 4 Members Posted February 4 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: It's going to be awful isn't it? Probably but the fact they've not gone with the usual suspects does make me happy (well not happy, I'm never happy) I don't think I've heard or seen any of those comedians, and I don't mean that as a derogatory remark. Quote
Chili Posted February 4 Posted February 4 23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Probably but the fact they've not gone with the usual suspects does make me happy (well not happy, I'm never happy) I don't think I've heard or seen any of those comedians, and I don't mean that as a derogatory remark. I've worked with Larry, Paddy and Ania on the circuit (Ania was just on the recent Taskmaster), they're all great acts but great stand-ups to great sketch performers is the difficult task. Good luck to all of them though, hopefully it's got a good writing team too because I've never been convinced the UK can pull of an SNL. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 4 Members Posted February 4 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: Celeste Dring is one half of Lazy Susan who had a hilarious sketch show a couple of years ago that I think is still on iPlayer well worth everyone’s time (she’s also Sluggs girlfriend in This Country). Blimey! She looks a completely different person to when she played Kayleigh. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Yeah I'm not convinced the SNL style works here so either it bombs because it doesn't work or they change things a lot. I'll give it a go out of curiosity anyway. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.