Members SuperBacon Posted May 23, 2025 Members Posted May 23, 2025 I was blown away by Pi when I first saw and it genuinely made me want to make films (I didn't really get far!) Is there no love for The Wrestler then? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 I forgot it was him! I love The Wrestler. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 23, 2025 Moderators Posted May 23, 2025 46 minutes ago, Carbomb said: For me, Pi is the only one of his output I've really enjoyed. Requiem is good, but there's something I find quite adolescent in what's intended to be the gritty aspect of it. Can't quite put my finger on why. Let's blame it on Jared Leto being a shit actor. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 23, 2025 Posted May 23, 2025 The Wrestler is class, his best film but also his most straightforward. I'm big into my pretentious directors but he's never hit the mark when trying for that, at least he's not Refn. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 I'd forgotten that was Aronofsky too. OK, two films then. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 23, 2025 Posted May 23, 2025 (edited) The Wrestler is one of the few films of his that I’ve seen, the other two being Black Swan and Mother, neither of which I never felt the need to ever watch again. I enjoyed The Wrestler, it was probably the most accurate representation of wrestling on the big screen upto that point, but I do remember people getting a bit carried away for it saying that it should’ve won every award going. I can’t remember who it was exactly but one of the writers for the magazines at the time made out that Necro Butcher not being nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar was some kind of Hollywood conspiracy against the film Edited May 23, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
King Coconut Posted May 23, 2025 Posted May 23, 2025 I love that the wrestling forum forgot about the wrestling film he did. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 10 minutes ago, King Coconut said: I love that the wrestling forum forgot about the wrestling film he did. This is a wrestling forum?! Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 2 hours ago, King Coconut said: I love that the wrestling forum forgot about the wrestling film he did. I refer the honourable gentleman to this previous post: Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 I've heard @wandshogun09has tickets for a couple of dates. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 18, 2025 Members Posted June 18, 2025 I'm going to that Winchester one. Bosssssshhhhhhh. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 Getting this in my notifications, I thought I was being attacked. Bosh. On a serious note, I can’t see the fella lasting until late August the way he’s going. Saw a pic of him on Twitter recently, he was abroad somewhere and wearing shorts. He had them proper fat elephant ankles. Like toddler legs where the rolls make it look like his legs and feet have been screwed on at the joints. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 18, 2025 Members Posted June 18, 2025 52 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: Getting this in my notifications, I thought I was being attacked. Bosh. On a serious note, I can’t see the fella lasting until late August the way he’s going. Saw a pic of him on Twitter recently, he was abroad somewhere and wearing shorts. He had them proper fat elephant ankles. Like toddler legs where the rolls make it look like his legs and feet have been screwed on at the joints. Did you see the video of him having to wait 20 minutes for a table at the Chinese, so he went over the road for a Big Mac meak to tide him over. My #eatclean king Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 I think he’s doing a sausage eating content at one of the Sausage and Cider Festival's. Could well be/probably will be all of them. Saw someone post his first video the other day and he looked so much slimmer compared to now. It’s like season 1 Tony Soprano and season 6 Tony Soprano. But worse. He’s taken the gimmick too far and needs to have a change asap or he will keel over at one of these events. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.