Paid Members BomberPat Posted May 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2025 Operation Mincemeat is bloody brilliant, and I don't particularly like musicals. They're the only name on there that makes sense. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted May 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2025 Yeah I was about to come to their defence. Most of the team behind them were part of Kill The Beast, who were one of the funniest theatre groups I have ever seen (He Had Hairy Hands was easily my favourite). Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2025 I thought Malcolm Mclaren was dead? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 8, 2025 Sounds absolutely awful. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 8, 2025 Posted May 8, 2025 So basically he’s seen Evan Seinfeld’s Mantorship grift and decided to make a podcast out of it Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 8, 2025 I will always have a soft spot for Pete Wicks after seeing him on Celebrity SAS. They had to throw their backpacks out of a helicopter into the sea, then jump out after it and swim with it to a boat. Pete was giving it the big un saying he was a great swimmer saying he was a merman. Then he threw his backpack out of the helicopter, jumped out after it and landed on the backpack, knocking himself out and having to be rescued. Merman indeed. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 8, 2025 Posted May 8, 2025 23 hours ago, BomberPat said: Operation Mincemeat is bloody brilliant, and I don't particularly like musicals. They're the only name on there that makes sense. I dunno Samantha Barks is worth a listen to...and even if her singing isn't your thing she's very easy on the eye Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 10, 2025 Apologies for the rather literal interpretation but - the smell I had to endure for the last KM of parkrun this morning after a faster runner emerged from the bushes at the top of the final hill. Still managed to get a course PB but just missed out on the sub-25 I've been aiming for there as it's tough to get air into the lungs properly while gagging. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 20, 2025 This sounds worse than him making another film. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 21, 2025 On 5/20/2025 at 7:38 PM, Devon Malcolm said: This sounds worse than him making another film. Oh for fu https://www.indiewire.com/news/trailers/caught-stealing-trailer-darren-aronofsky-austin-butler-1235125301/ Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 On 5/20/2025 at 7:38 PM, Devon Malcolm said: This sounds worse than him making another film. I wonder with stuff like this if someone like Aronofsky genuinely believes in using AI for film making or if the AI company just parked a truck full of cash outside his house. I can see why they would want to plaster genuine film makers all over their AI companies to try and give themselves credibility. Fuck him either way though. As for his films...I really love The Fountain but don't care much for the rest of his output. Requiem For A Dream is probably the most overrated film of all time. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 For me, Pi is the only one of his output I've really enjoyed. Requiem is good, but there's something I find quite adolescent in what's intended to be the gritty aspect of it. Can't quite put my finger on why. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 I do like Requiem For A Dream while agreeing that it probably is overrated in certain quarters. Mother! is absolutely awful, one of my least favourite films of the last 10 years. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2025 I like Pi, Requiem for A Dream is an excellent horror film that I will never revisit to make sure, and I liked Black Swan, but everything else he's done has left me cold. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.