AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

What’s the deal with Awesome Kong, then? The way she didn’t really do much in that four-way, is she injured? Or just too old/banged up to do anything anymore?

Just wondering if she could actually pull off some singles matches in AEW. I feel like she’d be the perfect base for some of those high flying Japanese girls.

I suppose it was to pop the crowd. She and that Nyla Rose were almost anonymous in that match. I get that they wanted to get Dr Irene Yankem and Poundshop Bayley over, but surely they could have stuck them in a singles match? 

48 minutes ago, Supremo said:

What’s the deal with Awesome Kong, then? The way she didn’t really do much in that four-way, is she injured? Or just too old/banged up to do anything anymore?

Just wondering if she could actually pull off some singles matches in AEW. I feel like she’d be the perfect base for some of those high flying Japanese girls.

She looked knackered didn't she. Not as much as the other Kong but not like someone making a full time comeback.

I was a huge fan back in TNA but that was many years ago.  And she's better off doing the acting imo.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, ThumpSquids said:

I enjoyed the show, including bits and pieces of the pre-show. However, I am a little baffled by The Judas Effect. Is there some back story to this mild back-elbow, or am I missing something else? It's a terrible finisher! 

It was covered in the special show ITV aired a couple of days before, but don't know if it was on anywhere else. Basic story was he'd done some MMA training to find new ways to win and developed a finish he could hit out of nowhere. Problem was in the promo stuff it was a cool-looking spinning back elbow (which is a legit but spectacular looking MMA finish) but in the match he didn't really do any spin so it was anticlimatic and didn't look any different to a normal strike.

• Paid Members

Great little epilogue to the event. Whoever makes these videos is going to be vital when they go weekly. It’s almost a shame their weekly show doesn’t start for a while because they’ve got so much momentum right now. I hope they manage to keep it going. That camera shot following Moxley from behind as he storms through the crowd is awesome.

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, ThumpSquids said:

I enjoyed the show, including bits and pieces of the pre-show. However, I am a little baffled by The Judas Effect. Is there some back story to this mild back-elbow, or am I missing something else? It's a terrible finisher! 

Fairly decent video introducing it. 

The Judas Effect and the accompanying Jericho training MMA to give him extra tools subplot was the worst part of the build for me. If you're gonna do something like that and film it you want to make sure your striking looks good. Jericho doing pad work like a middle class mum who only trains because she's trying to bang her PT makes everything else feel tainted. 

It's the only thing that stuck out like a sore thumb to me across the whole build and show.

As a bit of context to the above I used to train MMA so stuff like this really sticks in my throat when it's done badly.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Great little epilogue to the event. Whoever makes these videos is going to be vital when they go weekly. It’s almost a shame their weekly show doesn’t start for a while because they’ve got so much momentum right now. I hope they manage to keep it going. That camera shot following Moxley from behind as he storms through the crowd is awesome.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

Ooh, I get to use it this time

BBF7D08B-7C27-4A1D-BB36-8E383051A769_zps