AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

To be honest my main criticisms would be the three man announce team, the WWE way of lighting the crowd, the stupid close up of random faces in the crowd, the awful belt unveiling, the pre-show and that neither the security nor the roster (including the elite) cared when Moxley attacked one of their main guys for no reason. Most of these are very WWE. Am alternative shouldn't be copying the shit stuff.

• Paid Members

This is a really good idea by them to be fair. A poster from Reddit put this up.

My wife teaches kids with autism. Seeing the effort made by AEW with these bags made her cry and turned her into a real AEW fan.
These bags included
-Noise Canceling Ear Muffs
-Several fidget toys
-A cue card for non-verbal people
-A special lanyard so the staff could identify people with sensory disorders
-A cool drawstring bag to carry it all in
Normally these are provided at $25 a piece from KultureCity, but these were provided for free to anyone that requested it. 
There was also a room with lower lighting, bean bag chairs, and less noise, where people with sensory disorders and their families could watch the show. It was free with a ticket, you just had to register.
Also, apparently the entire staff at the venue was trained on how to identify and better help people with sensory disorders. 
This was really impressive toy to my wife and I. It definitely stood out as one of the things setting AEW apart from anyone else. 
She sees it all the time. Kids and adults with these disorders like autism can’t enjoy living ve events despite being diehard fans. This is a community of people that has traditionally been misunderstood and ignored. To see a company go through so much effort and really put their money where their mouth is, it’s something really special. 
So, from my wife and I, thank you so much Brandi Rhodes and AEW. You made a lot of people’s dreams come true that night. People who thought they would never get to see a live wrestling event. It was such a wonderful thing to see.

• Paid Members

That's by a wide margin my favourite thing they've done. For all the talk of being an "alternative", I think a lot of us are looking in the wrong places - we're looking for a different way of presenting the in-ring product, whereas actually the most important changes are behind the scenes, or in how they engage with the outside world.

8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

That's by a wide margin my favourite thing they've done. For all the talk of being an "alternative", I think a lot of us are looking in the wrong places - we're looking for a different way of presenting the in-ring product, whereas actually the most important changes are behind the scenes, or in how they engage with the outside world.

The WWE are probably already working on an autism friendly Undertaker entrance on the off chance that AEW get some serious traction from this

• Moderators

Well, good. Even if they have to be dragged to a new minimum standard for all the wrong reasons at least the outcome for the fans is positive.

I finally got around to watching the show. I've only skimmed the thread but I really enjoyed this show for the most part. I am a majorly lapsed fan with precious little free time these days, but I will be making an effort to watch their next ppv for sure.

The commentary was garbage, but I'm very used to completely tuning that out from the fact that I haven't heard decent commentary in as long as I can remember.

• Paid Members

Sat next to a girl who's housemate watched Double or Nothing and she's just gone on about how awesome Orange Cassidy was in the Battle Royal. 

He's the one guy all my friends and people who know nothing of wrestling have been asking about after AEW and seeing anything. Guys gonna be a star