AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

So if he gives a Young Bucks flip-fest 5 stars and I hate that sort of thing, I should still watch it? What rating did he give their match on Double or Nothing?

Well I did throw in 'generally speaking' because people are going to have their likes and dislikes when it comes to wrestling, and no amount of star ratings will change that.

For example, you aren't a fan of spot-fests, even when they're done extremely well, so Dave could've gone seven stars on Bucks/Bros and it still wouldn't be to your tastes. It could still be worth a go just to see if you find the one you do like though. 

I'm not the worlds biggest Bret Hart fan, and I don't like many of his highly-rated Melzter matches. I love Bret vs Austin and Bret vs Owen (WM10) though. 

Here's his ratings for All In;

Briscoes vs SCU- 3.75*

Over Budget Battle Royal- 4*(Dave called it the best Battle Royal in years)

Cross vs MJF- 2.75*

Daniels vs Amell- 2.75*

Women’s four way- 3.25*

Cody vs Aldis- 4*

Page vs Janela- 4.25*

Lethal vs Flip- 3.5*

Omega vs Penta- 4.5*

Okada vs Scurll- 4.25*

Golden Elite vs Mysterio/Fenix/Bandido- 4.5*

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

According to a quick Google search somebody on 4Chan reckons Double Or Nothing did 200k buys, but they didn't have their tits out while holding a notepad with the date and time on, so this can probably be ignored.

Nope. Meltzer said on the Observer podcast that it appeared in the Google Trends rankings by having been searched for 200,000 times on the day of the show. Somebody listening wasn't paying attention and posted that he'd said 200,000 PPV buys, which was quickly reposted all over the place.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

All three of these 'sources' are crediting the Observer by the way.  Not exactly three separate sources...

Also, they never said it did 98,000. WO said it was estimated at roughly 98,000. Which is something different. Tildeboy loses again.

Edited by PowerButchi

37 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

According to a quick Google search somebody on 4Chan reckons Double Or Nothing did 200k buys, but they didn't have their tits out while holding a notepad with the date and time on, so this can probably be ignored.

Did they confirm whether Meltzer lieks Mudkips or not?

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Maybe Hogan was the source, he's good with numbers around that mark.

You could just call him Dave.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Did they confirm whether Meltzer lieks Mudkips or not?

I still need confirmation from Meltzer on whether or not Bret Hart managed to sell back that mansion to Monty Burns (celebrated author of 'Will There Ever Be A Rainbow?').

• Paid Members

What’s the deal with Awesome Kong, then? The way she didn’t really do much in that four-way, is she injured? Or just too old/banged up to do anything anymore?

Just wondering if she could actually pull off some singles matches in AEW. I feel like she’d be the perfect base for some of those high flying Japanese girls.