AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's exactly the kinda cheap shot crap that they should be avoiding. It's TNA levels of shit.

Fuck off, TNA had a second-generation wrestler who wasn’t good enough to make it to the top of WWE so he got a rich-parents money mark to fund his ego trip.

Weren't TNA's first shows in the early 00's pretty good tho? AEW still have loads to prove, and need to bring the ratings in or there's gonna be some repercussions. Attacking the far superior company in terms of revenue is at least gonna bring some existing fans interest.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I imagine Punk is being sensible and keeping an eye on AEW to see if it's worth jumping in. He doesn't need to. He can pick and choose his next move.

This. He's probably biding his time until:

1. They start drawing regular, worth-a-shit money

2. They've shown their product will be creative in a way that, if he did sign for them, would match his vision of himself. 

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's exactly the kinda cheap shot crap that they should be avoiding. It's TNA levels of shit.

I agree with the first half, but comparing that to TNA is nonsense. TNA wouldn’t have found a way to get extra money out of it.

I wasn’t too into the throne thing at first, but when he said it represented him being a wrestler first and executive second that won me over 

The thing with Punk for me though is I've always felt like he spat his dummy out with WWE but has taken absolutely no positive steps to do anything about the situation barring moan about it on his mates podcast with the insistance that he would cover him if they tried to sue then do a 180 on that promise.

If he really wanted to send a fuck you to Vince and HHH then why not add your name value to AEW and try and help a viable alternative be successful. 

I think the reason a lot of people are excited about AEW is that they're the first promotion since WCW to have the money, connections and platform to offer anywhere near a challenge to WWE's near entire monopoly on the market.