The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

There was a bit in the observer daily update yesterday from her doing a podcast, where she had a slight moan about when she was initially called up and not used. Not exactly calling Steph a c*nt or anything, but they do get weird about people having opinions about things sometimes. 

Just now, Daaaaaad! said:

Called up to the main roster. Hit with two separate pies on the same episode of SmackDown. Lost her title match to Charlotte Flair. Released only a month before the company will surely need at least 30 female competitors for a Royal Rumble. How utterly bizarre this company is. 

To be fair, no one's said she was released. It's sounding more likely that she asked for her release which wouldn't surprise me.

• Paid Members

Whether she asked for her release or they decided to get rid, neither would surprise me. They clearly weren’t committed and didn’t see anything in her. I know it’s nothing new with this company, but man. She felt like a can’t miss. Superstar look. Solid in the ring. And the best they gave her was, “she likes eighties music!”

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Released only a month before the company will surely need at least 30 female competitors for a Royal Rumble. How utterly bizarre this company is. 

By my count, they have 23 women on the main roster now - and that's including Lacey Evans, who's on maternity leave, Bayley, who's injured, Alexa Bliss, who hasn't wrestled since September, and Asuka, who we last saw in July.

Two more will be out of the picture as presumably neither of the two champions will be in the Rumble match, so you're looking at a thirty-woman Rumble match when they might just barely have twenty women available. 

They've pretty much burned through every available "legend" appearance in the women's match already, but wouldn't be surprised to see some of those repeated. It'll be interesting to see how they view NXT 2.0, if they'll even want the women from that brand making up the numbers, let alone getting a decent featured spot like NXT's women have in the past.