The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

7 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Really annoyed we don't get that match at London.

I suppose that is still a factor in low ticket sales, but is it though?   The London show is a couple of hundred tickets away from being sold out and is a big improvement on the last show they did at Wembley.

Oh its hard to know overall really. Can only speak for myself. You know an AEW show would sell out straight away but then we've not had that experience yet. Its a tough one to really know what's driving ticket sales or low sales at the moment. I imagine a combination of various different elements from personal reasons to the product quality and everything in between.

• Paid Members

Believe it or not, I'm going to the Smackdown show on Sunday as my 8 year old nephew is WWE mad and I'm the designated 'wrestling fan' of the family. (Not started forcing him to watch TNA/Impact yet!!).

Can't say I'm looking forward really as I'm not that familiar with the current day WWE scene at all, but I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it via him.

But yeah, the stars on top aren't big names to anyone that doesn't regularly watch WWE on BT Sports are they? 

Edited by garynysmon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

First time in a while having this on in the background whilst I worked. Man alive. It’s no wonder you’ve got idiots like Bully Ray always advocating for MORE HEAT. It’s because of shows like this. Endless, relentless HEAT. Babyfaces always being fucked over, heels always coming out on top and everyone bickering and hating each other. It’s a fucking drag.

That Aliyah thing was the epitome. Regardless of what you think of Aliyah. I’ve always thought she was shit, and the only thing she ever did of any worth was be a daft, hammy heel with Robert Stone. And sure, ultimately, she’s never going to really amount to anything, but still. This was everything wrong with how they book. They had a new, fresh face who got a big win that got a great reaction from the crowd…so they sent her backstage to be talked down to, removed from her Survivor Series match, and left crying on the phone to her mum. Bosh. WWE 101. Misery booking on your first night to your last night.

And that was pretty much the whole show. Heels winning everywhere, chumps like Toni Storm asking for a title shot and getting a, “LOL no,” in response, Roman stands tall again. They can’t even just do qualifying matches for Survivor Series anymore. They announce the teams first, then people lose their place. Amazing. People can’t even win things. They can only be lost.

Even when they had something like Bum Ass Corbin, where a heel was actually being humiliated and it was a good laugh, they couldn’t help themselves but switch him back as soon as possible. Now he’s just the same Corbin as before but with a new hat. Malibu Heat.

Of course, WWE has a long list of problems, most of which you just accept as likely never changing, but fuck me. If they take nothing else from AEW they desperately need to allow some type of catharsis. Actually put some smiles on some faces. Put out some happy TV. Have a babyface outsmart the heels every now and then. Get someone’s mum to show up in a van or something.

Is it any wonder the crowd cheer people like Becky and Roman? It’s not even as if they’re particularly cool heels. On the face of it they’re a pair of knob heads. There’s just fuck all else to cheer for.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Actually put some smiles on some faces. Put out some happy TV. Have a babyface outsmart the heels every now and then.

Even when they DO run a story with a (Big) happy ending, they can’t even be bothered to do a real story. They just briefcase it.

• 3 weeks later...

I could watch the odd couple of Sami Zayn and Brock Lesnar for a far, far longer time than anyone else on this show. It’s mad to me that Brock doesn’t like cutting promos, because he’s one of the only people who is actually able to do it believably. Presumably because they don’t shove a script on him in the same way they do everybody else.