The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Interesting that they're still teasing split loyalties between Heyman/Lesnar/Reigns. However now that Seth Rollins has been announced as the next challenger to Reigns I can see Heyman costing Reigns the title and Seth becoming a 'Paul Heyman Guy' with Reigns conquering The Beast at Wrestlemania for the 147th time.

Possibly a bit of a stretch but Meltzer reported that Rollins was originally pencilled in to beat Big E at Day1 prior to the COVID issue with Reigns.

Definitely more (canned) cheers for Reigns this week so having him chase Lesnar is the only possible option outside of a title unification match between Reigns/Lesnar.

Charlotte Flair...doesn't even have 'go away' heat yet burying everyone on the mic and in the ring. Unreal.

Edited by Suplex Sinner

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I won't make an individual topic yet as I'm sure the stats are coming. But damn:

Now I'm interested.

Only interest is in who the hell they’re going to pad out the field with seen as they’ve given away 7 “surprise” entrants in an 18 person graphic.

The women’s Tag Titles really do (and always have) mean fuck all don’t they? I had no idea Carmella & Zelina were the champs and I’ve got no idea who they beat for them

Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Only interest is in who the hell they’re going to pad out the field with seen as they’ve given away 7 “surprise” entrants in an 18 person graphic.

I don't really see any issues in them hyping it up beforehand. Especially the Mickie one. Makes far more sense to get people interested beforehand. Not like the women's match is a big seller or anything usually.

48 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't really see any issues in them hyping it up beforehand. Especially the Mickie one. Makes far more sense to get people interested beforehand. Not like the women's match is a big seller or anything usually.

The first one main evented the PPV only 4 years ago, now it’s just there like everything else.

The fact they’ve had to go to the length of drafting in Impact Wrestling’s Woman’s Champion to make up the numbers shows how wafer thin the women’s roster is.

And I’m sorry, but no-one (apart from you apparently) is tuning in solely on a Mickie James appearance. Impact is watched by 2 people and the photographs they have on the wall these days, unless she actually comes out wearing the belt it’ll just be treated like she’s been working in a call centre since leaving.

That gif even shows that she was in WWE as recently as last year when they had the Black Mirror audience.

And who the hell goes back there at the first opportunity after they sent her packing with her stuff in a bin bag? That’s not me calling her a sellout, more just wishing that she’d have some self-respect

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The women’s Tag Titles really do (and always have) mean fuck all don’t they? I had no idea Carmella & Zelina were the champs and I’ve got no idea who they beat for them

Nikki ASH and Rhea Ripley, who beat Natalya and Tamina to win them, who themselves beat Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Nikki ASH and Rhea Ripley, who beat Natalya and Tamina to win them, who themselves beat Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler

Because the only way anyone could think of something more beige than the Jax/Tamina team was to make put them into two worse teams. There’s nobody in wrestling history who’s done less to be considered a “legend” in company rhetoric than Natalya, and Baszler is so dull that I actually remember that Chamber she whitewashed as taking place in the “no fans” era but in checking myself for this post I remember there were fans, they were just bored into near-silence.

The tag belts were a great idea when you had either two talents that are genuinely over but the singles title scene was too busy for them (Sasha & Bayley) or could do a genuine unit with a shared gimmick (Iiconics). Now they seem to have lost a bit of interest and the belts are down at Carmellas level, and Ripleys involvement around them underlines how badly they fucked things up with her.