RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted December 30, 2021 Posted December 30, 2021 It appears she straight up quit and booked a flight home out of her own pocket after competing in a triple threat against Charlotte and Sasha on a house show and the company just pretty much went ‘meh, ok’ Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted January 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2022 (edited) Interesting that they're still teasing split loyalties between Heyman/Lesnar/Reigns. However now that Seth Rollins has been announced as the next challenger to Reigns I can see Heyman costing Reigns the title and Seth becoming a 'Paul Heyman Guy' with Reigns conquering The Beast at Wrestlemania for the 147th time. Possibly a bit of a stretch but Meltzer reported that Rollins was originally pencilled in to beat Big E at Day1 prior to the COVID issue with Reigns. Definitely more (canned) cheers for Reigns this week so having him chase Lesnar is the only possible option outside of a title unification match between Reigns/Lesnar. Charlotte Flair...doesn't even have 'go away' heat yet burying everyone on the mic and in the ring. Unreal. Edited January 8, 2022 by Suplex Sinner Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 I won't make an individual topic yet as I'm sure the stats are coming. But damn: Now I'm interested. Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted January 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2022 Mickie James as well. Bizarre. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 I love how half of Twitter is super excited and the other is calling her a sellout and they've lost all respect for her ? Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted January 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2022 Acknowledged as Impact Knockouts champion as well no less. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2022 5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Now I'm interested. ...why? Not really any surprises except for Mickie. Quote
poetofthedeed Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 (edited) Laycool are gonna come out with a bin bag full of cakes aren't they? Or will impact go full loltna and have her drop the belt before it gets the most exposure it ever will. Edited January 8, 2022 by poetofthedeed Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: ...why? Not really any surprises except for Mickie. ..because I am? Mickie alone is enough to make me interested. Summer Rae hasn't been around for 4 years or so. Nikki Bellas in ring career was over. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: I won't make an individual topic yet as I'm sure the stats are coming. But damn: Now I'm interested. Only interest is in who the hell they’re going to pad out the field with seen as they’ve given away 7 “surprise” entrants in an 18 person graphic. The women’s Tag Titles really do (and always have) mean fuck all don’t they? I had no idea Carmella & Zelina were the champs and I’ve got no idea who they beat for them Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 Just now, WyattSheepMask said: Only interest is in who the hell they’re going to pad out the field with seen as they’ve given away 7 “surprise” entrants in an 18 person graphic. I don't really see any issues in them hyping it up beforehand. Especially the Mickie one. Makes far more sense to get people interested beforehand. Not like the women's match is a big seller or anything usually. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 (edited) 48 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I don't really see any issues in them hyping it up beforehand. Especially the Mickie one. Makes far more sense to get people interested beforehand. Not like the women's match is a big seller or anything usually. The first one main evented the PPV only 4 years ago, now it’s just there like everything else. The fact they’ve had to go to the length of drafting in Impact Wrestling’s Woman’s Champion to make up the numbers shows how wafer thin the women’s roster is. And I’m sorry, but no-one (apart from you apparently) is tuning in solely on a Mickie James appearance. Impact is watched by 2 people and the photographs they have on the wall these days, unless she actually comes out wearing the belt it’ll just be treated like she’s been working in a call centre since leaving. That gif even shows that she was in WWE as recently as last year when they had the Black Mirror audience. And who the hell goes back there at the first opportunity after they sent her packing with her stuff in a bin bag? That’s not me calling her a sellout, more just wishing that she’d have some self-respect Edited January 8, 2022 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Perry Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 Unless they've got Ronda planned as a big surprise return, it just looks like the same old shite. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted January 8, 2022 Posted January 8, 2022 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: Only interest is in who the hell they’re going to pad out the field with seen as they’ve given away 7 “surprise” entrants in an 18 person graphic. The women’s Tag Titles really do (and always have) mean fuck all don’t they? I had no idea Carmella & Zelina were the champs and I’ve got no idea who they beat for them Nikki ASH and Rhea Ripley, who beat Natalya and Tamina to win them, who themselves beat Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2022 58 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said: Nikki ASH and Rhea Ripley, who beat Natalya and Tamina to win them, who themselves beat Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler Because the only way anyone could think of something more beige than the Jax/Tamina team was to make put them into two worse teams. There’s nobody in wrestling history who’s done less to be considered a “legend” in company rhetoric than Natalya, and Baszler is so dull that I actually remember that Chamber she whitewashed as taking place in the “no fans” era but in checking myself for this post I remember there were fans, they were just bored into near-silence. The tag belts were a great idea when you had either two talents that are genuinely over but the singles title scene was too busy for them (Sasha & Bayley) or could do a genuine unit with a shared gimmick (Iiconics). Now they seem to have lost a bit of interest and the belts are down at Carmellas level, and Ripleys involvement around them underlines how badly they fucked things up with her. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.