The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

The gravestone where my love for WWE is buried simply says “Oh my!”

Could it be? 

• Paid Members

Lita with her David Dickinson tan and her neck resembling that of Fat Bastard after his weight-loss. Awful segment. 

With Reigns/Rollins, it feels like they've already gone with a couple of their best zingers already and the chemistry just doesn't feel like it's there. The match itself will be great, but the dialogue (as with every WWE promo) needs work. Positioning Rollins as the quasi-babyface is also something I'd question - he's too slimy, too dislikable (to his credit) in his current role. 

Generally the dialogue/promos was so poor. Even Dynamite on an off week still produces more compelling promos. 

• Paid Members

Presumably they're hoping they can have the same kind of nostalgia they got from Edge headlining Mania last year? 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Perry said:

If they're doing Lita V Charlotte at Mania, they're clutching

I’d say it’s far more likely to add some spice to the Rumble. Give Charlotte someone popular to throw out before she’s dumped by her eventual challenger.

I wouldn’t rule out Lynch entering and winning to set up champion vs champion.

22 hours ago, air_raid said:

I’d say it’s far more likely to add some spice to the Rumble. Give Charlotte someone popular to throw out before she’s dumped by her eventual challenger.

I wouldn’t rule out Lynch entering and winning to set up champion vs champion.

If the do end up going Roman/Brock title Vs title I could see them wanting the symmetry for the women's match as well

On 1/15/2022 at 9:02 PM, Perry said:

If they're doing Lita V Charlotte at Mania, they're clutching

For sure. Lita vs Charlotte will be a disaster.

Lita was never a great worker. She got over on 2-3 big moves. The rest of her offence was usually sloppy. Go back and watch some 2000-2005 Lita matches.

• Paid Members

Loads of Raw wrestlers appearing on Smackdown is the panicked booking to be expected any weeks when Dynamite beats Raw in the demo. But Seth referring to Moxley as, “Mox,” and not, “Ambrose,” in his promo? Bizarre! Has that ever happened on WWE TV before? WWE acknowledging someone might be better known by their different name in a different company? Hell, even Scott Hall went into the Hall of Fame as Razor! Are we to assume it was just a slip of the tongue from Seth? Surely they didn’t script that?! Felt like the Multiverse collapsing in on itself!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Has that ever happened on WWE TV before? WWE acknowledging someone might be better known by their different name in a different company? Hell, even Scott Hall went into the Hall of Fame as Razor!

Well, yeah, but he came back as Scott Hall in 2002. There were a fair few references to Scott Hall and Kevin Nash by name on Raw in 96-98 even when they were working in WCW.