The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And who the hell goes back there at the first opportunity after they sent her packing with her stuff in a bin bag? That’s not me calling her a sellout, more just wishing that she’d have some self-respect

Bugger off. 

She's a professional. She's being paid to work a show. I don't think we get to cast aspersions over her self-respect for that. 

• Paid Members

It wouldn't surprise me if Mickie dropped the title tonight so they can go ahead with Deonna Vs Rok C belt for belt as they tried to set up at Final Battle. I think Mickie's involvement is possibly more to do with her involvement with the NWA and it just happens that she's Knockouts champion at the moment so they can promote her as such. If she does retain I can't imagine they'd let her come out to her Hardcore Country theme song with the belt or anything, or even acknowledge that she's from Impact. I wonder whether Michelle McCallaway will account for herself better than she did last time she was in the women's rumble. 

9 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Interesting that they're still teasing split loyalties between Heyman/Lesnar/Reigns. However now that Seth Rollins has been announced as the next challenger to Reigns I can see Heyman costing Reigns the title and Seth becoming a 'Paul Heyman Guy' with Reigns conquering The Beast at Wrestlemania for the 147th time.

I can tell you, if you're interested in knowing what the plan for Day 1 was before Roman went down, which I expect is the track they are still going down...

Spoiler

Heyman was going to cost Lesnar the match, and he's still really with Reigns.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

which I expect is the track they are still going down...

Ah well then, didn't think that it would have been the route but there you go. Thanks for the info!

What I find strange is why they brought Mickie back. They're not THAT desperate to fill out the rumble; between Smackdown, Raw and NXT (and not including anyone injured, who I've never seen on TV or who are in 205 Live purgatory) they're are currently 33 active female wrestlers on the current roster.

No idea who will win it mind... I can't think of any women's match that gives me much excitement.  

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

What I find strange is why they brought Mickie back. They're not THAT desperate to fill out the rumble; between Smackdown, Raw and NXT (and not including anyone injured, who I've never seen on TV or who are in 205 Live purgatory) they're are currently 33 active female wrestlers on the current roster.

No idea who will win it mind... I can't think of any women's match that gives me much excitement.  

With Covid, it's entirely possible there will be last minute dropouts. We also don't know the rest of the undercard as yet, plus the likes of Sasha Banks are already confirmed to be injured, so they definitely need bodies. Mickie is an experienced pro, is a name fans will recognise and it bolsters the ranks. 

How many women do they have in NXT even those not on TV? Could it end up like an All Start Wrestling rumble with trainees in kick pads and t-shirts filling up the numbers? Perhaps even a few masked executioners? Or would WWE stoop so low as to casually go past a number eg: 21->23 without even mentioning 22 didn't exist hoping their audience doesn't notice. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, simonworden said:

Or would WWE stoop so low as to casually go past a number eg: 21->23 without even mentioning 22 didn't exist hoping their audience doesn't notice. 

Nah. Before the commentary started being micro-managed and they used to just say “Here comes another!” or “Who’s it going to be?” it might have been possible, but in recent years EVERY new entrant in both Rumbles is prefaced with a nondescript “The number 16 entrant in the 2022 Rumble match (ugh) is about to make their appearance!”

One of the thousands of things I hate about the current presentation is how the commentary for the Rumble has devolved into an endless data stream (Survivors eliminators are crap for this too) where calling the action is eschewed in favour of banging on about how many minutes or eliminations each wrestler has or the history of how many winners came from number 28 etc, which is fine when it’s in a pre-Rumble package (do they still do that?) but who wants a sodding hour of it? Back in the day they only dwelled on relevant stuff. “Stone Cold has won two Rumbles, probably makes him a favourite, King!” “Here’s Hogan, Monsoon… he won it last year, remember?” “The Million Dollar Man is number ONE!! SHIT!! He was number 30 last year! What rotten fucking luck, eh Jesse?”

If the old Rumbles were called like they are these days they’d be terrible.

”And the number 16 entrant in the mens Rumble match is about to make his appearance…. The Model Rick Martel is making his fifth Rumble match appearance. He’s had a total of 131 minutes in Rumble matches and last year was in for over 46 minutes. In total he has seven eliminations. Let’s see what….” (Countdown starts again)

“And the number 17 entrant in the mens Rumble match is about to make his appearance…. Bushwhacker Luke is making his third Rumble match appearance. He’s had…. Oh, he’s out.”

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, bbabba said:

It may as well have been Dolph Ziggler entering the match, such was Michael Cole's robot like response to Christian's surprise return in the 2021 Rumble.

The gravestone where my love for WWE is buried simply says “Oh my!”