The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, simonworden said:

Apart from the Rumble which has probably been forgotten by the main show runners the rest is absolutely meaningless. Vince would value someone's 10m swimming certificate more than being the NXT UK Champion I reckon. 

He has also been on Raw at least once in a match. Whether you think people probably forgot isn’t the point. Some will, some won’t. It’s still stupid.

• Paid Members

It’s just further evidence of Triple H and his philosophies being placed directly in the bin. All these Independent wrestlers were brought in with the same names and characters they already had on the circuit so Triple H could be king of the internet and get sent fruit baskets from Reddit. Now that’s all over Vince clearly doesn’t give a fuck about what any of these guys did before they arrived on the main roster, nor does he want anyone being able to seamlessly jump ship with as much momentum and star value as possible.

I bet every time Triple H calls them, “Pete,” or, “Walter,” backstage Vince stops him mid-sentence and makes him say, “Butch,” or, “Gunther.” You’re talking about wrestlers, pal. I’m talking about superstars. This is why Stephanie should have married Bruce.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He has also been on Raw at least once in a match. Whether you think people probably forgot isn’t the point. Some will, some won’t. It’s still stupid.

I see your point but for me it's something that with some explanation could have been explained away and never mentioned again. Seamus could have said this is my old pal Pete Dunne but in our circles we call him Butch. Have the commentators refer to him as Pete Dunne for a week or so and by the end of the next month he is Butch through and through. This whole group feels like something from 03/04 anyway that will be abandoned by autumn with Moss and Butch released or working Main Event B show tags. 

16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Update from Big E. If he isn’t the biggest babyface whenever he gets back then there’s no hope for this company

Guaranteed he’ll turn heel and cut a “you people” promo because they didn’t care about him when he broke his neck.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If he isn’t the biggest babyface whenever he gets back then there’s no hope for this company

If he is the biggest baby-face then what? It makes no difference because everyone knows once the novelty/return push wears off he'll be running around the midcard. His title run was rubbish. His matches in that run, were rubbish. There's no story being told, there's no story to be told. AEW is miles ahead because there's a dozen storylines bubbling away that they can pull the trigger on at any time. A returning hero in WWE will be front and centre for a few weeks then everyone forgets about them. Two years ago Drew carried the company on his back and instead of being a hero, front and centre of the product, he's mincing about with for months on end with Corbin. If you're not Roman Reigns or a part timer from 20 years ago, there's nothing there for you. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, simonworden said:

Apart from the Rumble which has probably been forgotten by the main show runners the rest is absolutely meaningless. Vince would value someone's 10m swimming certificate more than being the NXT UK Champion I reckon. 

12 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

True, considering the current nXt UK Champion isn't even in WWE 2K22, despite being champion for over 200 days.

Maybe if he had his 2k22 badge he would be, but I hear he can only swim 10m.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:18 AM, Louch said:

Dunne has the time and ability on his side to see it out. He has a young kid and the wwe renewal made sense when he did it. He’s probably got a year max with that idea before a release, he can then go be an asset other places 

Guess it’s 5 o clock somewhere 

1 hour ago, Project Nim said:

Guess it’s 5 o clock somewhere 

Yeah that doesn’t work when my post made sense. Get yourself another beer in and try again in the morning 

13 hours ago, Louch said:

Yeah that doesn’t work when my post made sense. Get yourself another beer in and try again in the morning 

No your post didn’t make sense you patronising cunt. He’s got no chance with that gimmick. You made a sarky comment to my post that was clearly a joke so I’m returning the favour.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Project Nim said:

No your post didn’t make sense you patronising cunt.

It did though. Dunne is young so this stupid gimmick, which may well lead to him getting released, isn't a killer for his career as he may well be south of 30 when it happens. Having good stable money is probably pretty good for him in his life stage. Totally get it.

4 hours ago, Project Nim said:

No your post didn’t make sense you patronising cunt. He’s got no chance with that gimmick. You made a sarky comment to my post that was clearly a joke so I’m returning the favour.

I haven’t at any point in my post said he has a chance, I said I expect him released in a year at best. My sarcasm worked as it wasn’t clear your post was a joke as it wasn’t funny. Next time you return the favour, try and be obviously funny than waiting a fortnight for a shit retort. 

50 minutes ago, Louch said:

I haven’t at any point in my post said he has a chance, I said I expect him released in a year at best. My sarcasm worked as it wasn’t clear your post was a joke as it wasn’t funny. Next time you return the favour, try and be obviously funny than waiting a fortnight for a shit retort. 

Have a great weekend đź‘Ť