The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Well, yeah, but he came back as Scott Hall in 2002. There were a fair few references to Scott Hall and Kevin Nash by name on Raw in 96-98 even when they were working in WCW.

The most prominent one I remember was X-Pac's promo about how they would have come back with him if Bischoff wasn't holding them hostage. 

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Remember during a timeline shoot where Nash claims Bischoff gave him and Hall a pay rise because he thought they were going back to WWF in '96 during the imposters storyline. Doesn't make sense, Eric would've known they were locked in at WCW?

Maybe he would have tried to get Jacobs and Bognor to go the other way as fake Outsiders if this had happened. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Perry said:

Remember during a timeline shoot where Nash claims Bischoff gave him and Hall a pay rise because he thought they were going back to WWF in '96 during the imposters storyline. Doesn't make sense, Eric would've known they were locked in at WCW?

It’s bullshit. Ian dragged out the Observer notes from the time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More Brock gold, naturally, even if it was facilitated by another bloody contract signing.

One thing I am enjoying is that Roman, in contrast to the rest of the year when he’s been doing the “calm, collected champion” act, is seemingly rattled by Brock. Plays well off their past history and brings at least some intrigue to what could just be in essence a third go around at the same 1v1 main event.

That said; want to see the most “modern WWE” graphic ever? Take a look at this:

Surely Roman is going over in the biggest match ever in the history of ever to solidify him as the guy. 
Brock’s legacy is already cemented and if he’s going to continue to come and go every few months once Wrestlemania is done, then your new Undisputed Champion needs to be around.

One World Title at the top of the card again, thank fucking god. I’ve always hated them having two “top” titles because different brands 

• Paid Members

I was going to say how funny it was that they’re likely paying Ronda, Brock and Roman millions, when Knoxville’s match is easily the one I’m most interested in and excited about, but then I saw what’s currently being rumoured.

E66ECB5D-6D05-4DF2-8480-508DCC0C59E9.thumb.jpeg.f7d3a5905322a4dd6d3af0275e82111b.jpeg

Holy shit I hope it happens. Seventy six years old! What a nutter. Even for someone as ridiculously great as McAfee was in NXT, it’ll be a tall task just keeping Vince alive, never mind having a passable match!

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

E66ECB5D-6D05-4DF2-8480-508DCC0C59E9.thumb.jpeg.f7d3a5905322a4dd6d3af0275e82111b.jpeg

Holy shit I hope it happens. Seventy six years old! What a nutter. Even for someone as ridiculously great as Vince was, it’ll be a tall task just keeping McAfee quiet for five minutes. 

Fixed for you there fella. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

One title is definitely the way to go but who on earth is going to defeat Roman? The Rock? Please no. 

That would be fucking great. Rocks great. Not in a “sensible booking/planning for the future” sense and it would cause mass bed wetting from a “wasting Romans rub” angle. But strictly from an entertainment “Who do I want to see win that match?” point of view it would be awesome if the “chief” gets knocked off when the REAL head of the table came home. To be fair, someone getting the seal of approval by taking the belt from the fucking Rock is a bigger deal than from Reigns anyway, no matter how long he held it. They did it to Punk, they can do it to him.

There’s some good use out of Reigns’ stature in the wake of a demoralising title loss - before he inevitably gets his next shot, have him lose to some of the other chasing pack to bring them up to that level. It would work with him where it never worked with Rollins, Wyatt, Owens and others, who simply looked like they were dropping back down to midcard 50/50 hell. When Roman without a belt lost to Balor on the way to SummerSlam 15 it was “Fuck!” - imagine the Reigns of 2022 getting beaten by a guy on their way to a title shot.

Edited by air_raid

21 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

One title is definitely the way to go but who on earth is going to defeat Roman? The Rock? Please no. 

I'd be tempted to keep building Roman and give the rub to someone like Bron Breakker. They'd be as well trying to capitalise on him as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...