The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

I don't watch it and have no idea if it's big in the states but I assume Hollands look and now Dunne turning up with the same look is due to the popularity of Peaky Blinders and its final season just coming out? 

Makes sense given how far behind the zeitgeist of popular culture they always are. Game of Thrones being 6 years old when they decided they could use “Kingslayer” for a name of someone who’s beaten Hunter.

51 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Makes sense given how far behind the zeitgeist of popular culture they always are. Game of Thrones being 6 years old when they decided they could use “Kingslayer” for a name of someone who’s beaten Hunter.

Haha true, was Joe Coffey the Iron King before NXT UK or was that given to him when he got there?

22 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

Haha true, was Joe Coffey the Iron King before NXT UK or was that given to him when he got there?

He was doing that pre wwe. Before that he was using Iron man as his theme after winning a string of iron man matches. Then won ICW title so changed to iron king as on top 

• Paid Members

Gave last night’s show a go since it’s Wrestlemania season. First time I’ve watched Raw or Smackdown in months.

It wasn’t half bad. If you can get over all the tropes and weirdness, this was easily one of the better episodes.

Stone Cold Brock Lesnar driving a forklift into Roman’s car and then ripping a car door off with his bare hands as they speed away scared was great fun. Hilarious they’ve had to revert back to vehicle angles straight out of 2001, but whatever. Stuff actually happening and Roman showing a bit of arse and doing something other than mumbling backstage was a huge improvement.

Nice little promo from Pat McAfee, too. Real shades of his NXT work.

Sami Zayn and Knoxville remain the best thing about this year’s Wrestlemania season by miles. Everything they’ve done on social media has been great fun and the idea of a No DQ match where Sami ends up stumbling into a bunch of Jackass stunts has the most potential of anything on that card by a significant margin. I’d be half tempted to just do a cinematic match where the entire Jackass cast end up smashing Sami to bits before shooting him to space in a rocket.

Even Ronda Rousey and Charlotte, a match I don’t give a flying fuck about, they still managed to generate a bit of excitement by having a mad brawl, displaying that same wild, uncooperative energy they had for their Survivor Series match a few years ago. Seems the only way Charlotte Flair can ever be entertaining is when she and Ronda decide to pretend it’s half real and just knock shit out of each other.

I still can’t understand what’s happened to Ronda though. She was such a megastar during that first run, whereas now she has no momentum or star value at all. She’s just there, bad delivery and all. It’s like a competition between her and Edge on who can come back and ruin their legacy more. “Think it’d be exciting if I came back and had one more run, do you? Well let me show you otherwise!”

LOL at Butch and his silly hat though.  Not that I blame Vince at all. When you see Pete Dunne coming down to the ring next to someone like Sheamus, it’s no wonder Vince decided to make him a Peaky Blinders Scrappy Doo. He looks absolutely tiny next to these guys.

Edited by Supremo

Admittedly I only watch this here and there but what is that pat McAfee and why is he allowed on commentary.

When nakamura was making his entrance it cut to him and he was fucking dry humping Michael Coles head like an autistic child 

11 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Admittedly I only watch this here and there but what is that pat McAfee and why is he allowed on commentary.

When nakamura was making his entrance it cut to him and he was fucking dry humping Michael Coles head like an autistic child 

Cunt.

Can we quit with using autism as a joke or a derogatory term.

Edited by Merzbow

Just now, SuperBacon said:

How were you using it then?

Explaining exactly how it fucking looked on TV. 

Also mate if this was something that offended you, firing back calling me a cunt (which for all intensive purposes is renowned as one of the most offensive words you can use) pretty much destroyed any argument or fucking angle you were trying to go for

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Also mate if this was something that offended you, firing back calling me a cunt (which for all intensive purposes is renowned as one of the most offensive words you can use) pretty much destroyed any argument or fucking angle you were trying to go for

I didn't call you a cunt so calm yourself down. 

I asked you a simple question.

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

He didn’t call you a cunt. I am though, Karaoke Cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm a cunt therefore I'm allowed to use the word.