The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Second week in a row they referred to Butch as a, “rabid wolverine,” on commentary. That’ll teach those who originally moaned about him being called, “Butch.” Think that’s bad? Wait for until we name him after a child murderer!

What a weird company.

TIL Wolverine (as in X-Men) came from Alberta Canada in the comics which is where “the original” Rabid Wolverine was announced as from.

• Paid Members

To be fair, it’s nearly time for them to start working shitty covid references into everything. There’s no vaccine for Butch etc.

• Paid Members

Pants episode this week. Even by WWE standards, the rematches for the sake of rematches trope or identical booking patterns from the last two episodes were ridiculous. Three (set to become four) weeks in a row of Drew/Sami? Come now. 

Missed opportunity in the lumberjack match - after Butch did a disappearing act following his loss to Woods, he should have returned in the match here to go ferrell on all of the other lumberjacks, including his stablemates (who seemingly just stopped looking for him). 

5 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Missed opportunity in the lumberjack match - after Butch did a disappearing act following his loss to Woods, he should have returned in the match here to go ferrell on all of the other lumberjacks, including his stablemates (who seemingly just stopped looking for him). 

Will Ferrell Dancing GIF by filmeditor

• Paid Members

Enjoyed Drew/Sami - at least the eventual payoff after four weeks of running the same match was satisfactory. 

The contract signing segment and the resulting melee were interesting - I'd anticipate that they haven't binned off the unification stip completely and that they'll announce all the gold will be up for grabs in the six man. 

Otherwise, Smackers didn't really tickle the testes this week. I know this was taped after last before they travelled over for their UK tour, but some of .mp3 crowd noises were comical at best. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Best episode in some time - thought everything on the show hit the mark. Great matches, lots of good-natured banter and hype in the main event segment and Wrestlemania Backlash feels like a show very much worth watching. 

Not sure what they were being served up in catering, but whatever was on the menu needs to be rolled out each week, because every match was full of beans and had a great mix between sheer physicality and even some technical mastery. From Banks vs Bazler to the tables tag, from Gunther slapping the piss out of Gulak to the welcome treat of Zayn vs Nakamura, everything banged and this kept the pace and energy of the show up throughout. 

A fine way to spend a Saturday morning in one’s skids. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Gunther’s act is very good and he’s being presented very well.

But… surely there’s a limit on how far he can go? I can’t imagine any of the proper lads letting him slap them like that.

• Paid Members

This new kick they're on is proper mad. Someone does an entrance, then they cut to an advert break, then they come back with a completely different interview segment backstage, then return to whoever did the original entrance a solid five to ten minutes ago.

If nothing else, they're the kings of always finding weirder and more awkward ways to format their shows.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What the fuck is this Lacey Evans shit. Honestly. 

I heard something about a Confederate flag being used in her entrance? Was that actually the case? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What the fuck is this Lacey Evans shit. Honestly. 

They're trying to do the whole "she's the definition of a hard worker and fighter, someone to get behind and support because she beat all the challenges she faced". 

It's just they've done it so Ham fisted she'll be a heel in three weeks because "you didn't give me the support I deserved" probably. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I heard something about a Confederate flag being used in her entrance? Was that actually the case? 

It looked more like the Star Spangled Banner to me. Which is bad enough. I was more interested in the fact that the ring announcer said to the audience that Lacey Evans would like their respect. What the fuck are they doing? Isn't she supposed to be a babyface now?