d-d-d-dAz Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 4 minutes ago, Chili said: I genuinely wish Lesnar was unavailable (not injured) just for the effort of some creativity. It’d be Goldberg. They don’t fuck with their pillar shows. You’re getting an old name whether you like it or not. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted June 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2022 Taker could probably be coaxed back too. I'm sure that's what we'll get soon enough. Quote
Paid Members WeeAl Posted June 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2022 Lesnar should maybe beat Roman. Odd as it is to say this, but he's probably got more availability than Roman for the next while. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 I didn’t really notice it, but my wife reckoned Roman had put a bit on round the middle since she last saw him. I wonder what’s inspired his desire to be home for a bit. Niggling injuries? Burnout? Quote
Matthew Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 7 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I didn’t really notice it, but my wife reckoned Roman had put a bit on round the middle since she last saw him. I wonder what’s inspired his desire to be home for a bit. Niggling injuries? Burnout? I’d say toddler twins would be a big part of the decision Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 18, 2022 Members Posted June 18, 2022 Dont know what everyones issue is. I love watching them two wrestle. Quote
Matthew Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Dont know what everyones issue is. I love watching them two wrestle. I love watching them wrestle, but how many other A-Level cards can the two of them headline, as they’re the only true main event talents they have? That being said, who else is there?! Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted June 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2022 It'd be even better if they did wrestle and at least try to put a match on. The finisher-fest got old a long time ago. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 28 minutes ago, Matthew said: I love watching them wrestle, but how many other A-Level cards can the two of them headline, as they’re the only true main event talents they have? That being said, who else is there?! I don’t mean to defend WWE, but Orton or Cody were probably just about big enough to fill the spot. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 28 minutes ago, Matthew said: I love watching them wrestle, but how many other A-Level cards can the two of them headline, as they’re the only true main event talents they have? That being said, who else is there?! That's not really an argument for it though. That's exactly the reason why they shouldn't keep doing it and instead need to invest time in building others so this isn't the only option. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 (edited) Maybe Roman being Champion is as much the problem as then bringing back Brock. I don’t think they had much choice - given the importance of the show - and I think perhaps people are being a bit ungenerous to WWE. They do have plenty of Summerslam level stars - but are any more appealing than Brock? They’ve either all been beaten by Roman, and more conclusively; or are injured; or the stars just haven’t aligned with their characters. Orton; Cody; Seth; Edge; Owens. I think AJ or Lashley are the only arguable ones, and are they really better options? I sort of feel like I’ve seen Roman face everyone who’s ever lived. Edited June 18, 2022 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 I'd say pretty much anyone is more appealing than Brock right now. Well, maybe not Natalya but you know. Most people. Just something different. Even a multi man match or something. Anything. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I'd say pretty much anyone is more appealing than Brock right now. Well, maybe not Natalya but you know. Most people. Just something different. Even a multi man match or something. Anything. You take the point that Summerslam is their second biggest event though, and they need someone who can get them some press and help sell a venue that’s ambitiously large? It’s not just about creative. Because sure, if we’re booking next weeks Raw there’s loads of matches I’d want to see more. But when they’ve got to fill a superstar shaped hole, they’re sort of stuck. On the one hand they’ve had some unfortunate injuries, on the other they’ve got a champion who’s beat everyone. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 Austin looked pretty good at 'Mania. Just saying... Quote
Guest Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I think AJ or Lashley are the only arguable ones, and are they really better options? Yeah, both of those are better options than Brock again, if only because Roman can have a better match with either of them. The other option, of course, would have been to not beat Riddle on a random Smackdown. He's one of the most over stars on the show, you could've built him for a match on Summerslam. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.