The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Callum1993 said:

I do wonder if Rollins is going to win MITB and cash in during Reigns and Lesnar again. That way they get the belt off Reigns without him having to lose to keep him strong to face The Rock at Mania next year.

Are you saying they'll have Rollins take the belt but protect Reigns by having him put a pin on Brock Lesnar instead? That's not happening, I wouldn't have thought. Lesnar's not dropping a fall to a guy that just put Cody over three times.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Are you saying they'll have Rollins take the belt but protect Reigns by having him put a pin on Brock Lesnar instead? That's not happening, I wouldn't have thought. Lesnar's not dropping a fall to a guy that just put Cody over three times.

I guess they could go the other way and have Brock pin Rollins after he cashes in and still protect Reigns. Gives Rollins a storyline comeuppance for trying it again I suppose. Not a big fan of that option though. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I guess they could go the other way and have Brock pin Rollins after he cashes in and still protect Reigns. Gives Rollins a storyline comeuppance for trying it again I suppose. Not a big fan of that option though. 

Some good thinking. Anything beats the more likely scenario if a Reigns/Rock match happens, which is they wait until the PPV before Mania to have Rock cost his cousin the belt.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Some good thinking. Anything beats the more likely scenario if a Reigns/Rock match happens, which is they wait until the PPV before Mania to have Rock cost his cousin the belt.

Urgh, that sounds depressingly likely. 

I could this scenario playing out if they think they can get the Rock for Mania...

Roman/Brock ends in a draw at Summerslam with neither man answering the last man standing count of 10.

Drew wins MITB and cashes in, in advance to face Roman at the UK "Premium Event".

Brock has a beef with this because he didn't lose at Summerslam.

Roman/Brock/Drew triple threat lined up for Cardiff. (If Brock wants to grace us with his presence over here)

Drew pins Brock to win the title therefor "protecting" Roman and giving him the ammunition of saying he never lost his title etc etc.

Seth wins the belt from Drew at the Royal Rumble

Cody wins the Royal Rumble

Cody beats Seth at Mania in the main event of night one to close there one year programme together.

Rock faces Roman in the main event of night 2.

If they can't get the Rock?

Roman does a Lesnar schedule until Mania where he loses the belt to a returning Cody, Cody and Rollins have there blow off match in the event between Rumble and Mania.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Roman/Brock ends in a draw at Summerslam with neither man answering the last man standing count of 10.

I imagine the boos would be so loud that the space-time continuum would rupture harder than Hulk Hogan's back when he slammed Andre.

Just now, air_raid said:

I imagine the boos would be so loud that the space-time continuum would rupture harder than Hulk Hogan's back when he slammed Andre.

Certainly never bothered them before!

I'd even go one further and have Drew come out there and then with his briefcase, to announce he's cashing in..... at Clash at the Castle.

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Drew pins Brock to win the title therefor "protecting" Roman and giving him the ammunition of saying he never lost his title etc etc.

Seth wins the belt from Drew at the Royal Rumble

Don’t want this to sound like a shot at you, but this is the thing when people go fantasy booking.

Say you put the belt on Drew at CastleMania in September, and you want him to drop it to Rollins at the Royal Rumble in January. What are you doing with him in the four months between those two events? Is he just rematching against Reigns? Which would mean that Reigns, who’s only lost once via DQ in the last 2 years, will have lost (possibly more than once) en route to Wrestlemania where…

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Rock faces Roman in the main event of night 2.

So he gets the big match anyway.

Im not against your idea of Cody winning the rumble (something which I never thought I’d say even a few short months ago) but if they’re having The Rock at Wrestlemania, then Cody has to lose out. Roman v Rock for the title is bigger than Roman v Rock with Roman having dropped the belt and (potentially) lost a rematch along the way.

15 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Don’t want this to sound like a shot at you, but this is the thing when people go fantasy booking.

Say you put the belt on Drew at CastleMania in September, and you want him to drop it to Rollins at the Royal Rumble in January. What are you doing with him in the four months between those two events? Is he just rematching against Reigns? Which would mean that Reigns, who’s only lost once via DQ in the last 2 years, will have lost (possibly more than once) en route to Wrestlemania where…

So he gets the big match anyway.

Im not against your idea of Cody winning the rumble (something which I never thought I’d say even a few short months ago) but if they’re having The Rock at Wrestlemania, then Cody has to lose out. Roman v Rock for the title is bigger than Roman v Rock with Roman having dropped the belt and (potentially) lost a rematch along the way.

I'm not fantasy booking, it's not what i want to happen, it's just a series of events i could see happening on the way to Mania if they want to get the belt off Reigns for a match with The Rock.

I'm guessing after CATC that Reigns will hardly be appearing now he's on his new lighter schedule, so i don't think he will lose multiple rematches on the way to Mania. In my scenario he doesn't even get pinned anyway. Could have him come back somewhere between the Rumble and Mania saying he wants his belt back only for The Rock to interrupt and say he's sick of hearing all about this head of the table stuff, challenge's him for Mania etc.

I've no idea what Drew would do between September-January if he was to win the belt, if they can't get Brock to work a non stadium show then probably B level feuds with the likes of Theory, Miz, Balor, could have one of the Uso's step up saying they will take the belt back to Reigns etc.

I do think Reigns/Rock for the belt would be huge, but no idea how you get there, The Rock isn't entering the Rumble, so what happens to the Rumble winner?

Rollins-Cody for the belt and Reigns/Rock sound's like two good headline matches to me for next year but who knows.

Edited by The King of Old School

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The annual set piece interview with all the MitB competitors standing near the top of ladders is one of the silliest things in wresting.

And "OMG we forgot about this bloke who has spent 5 minutes laying on the floor who has just got back in the ring and won the battle royal" is one of the most played out things in wrestling. WWE only knows two battle royal finishes - that one and "the last 2 people both go over and fight on the apron until one falls off."

I assume "Good Old-Fashioned Battle Royal" was a sly dig at the Royal Rampage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Sheamus vs Drew was fire, what a war! Brutally physical, some great near falls without overdoing anything. I felt that bar-stool shot! I loved Drew's almost sympathetic expression at the end while Sheamus was desperately clawing at the shillelagh, it screams Triple H influenced. No idea why this wasn't on Summerslam.

Give me Sheamus vs Tyson Fury at Capital Cardiddlyarnage please!