The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Yeah, absolutely brilliant hoss match. Could have closed most big shows with a title on the line. Just triple threat them two and Roman across a few of the lesser shows in autumn and have them batter each other around the place. 

Maybe it was a one off because he was mostly doing run ins, but they seem to have dropped a lot of the goofy costuming and selfie baggage Theory had. I'm still not sold on him, but as just an arrogant prick who keeps battering people from behind with the briefcase he's much more viable. 

I enjoyed the McAfee/Corbin stuff too. It's...I don't know...it's an angle. In a company that has too many matches. 

You absolutely cannot accuse Triple H of inconsistency. He has his guys, and he sticks by them.

This lump hasn’t got anywhere near a decent gig since leaving, his wife has just been selling pictures of her arse, and he jumps back to the top of the card.

Incredible.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It’s quite the turnaround for him. Since being let go he’s done nothing of note anywhere he’s gone, been associated with MAGA idiots and as pointed out, they’ve been getting by on Scarlett’s OnlyFans money. Yet here he is with an offer to go right back to the top of the card, you can’t blame the guy for grabbing that opportunity with both hands.

What is worrying for him though is that his theme, which personally I think is awesome but fully appreciate that most will hate it, seemed to get no reaction whatsoever. He hasn’t even been gone a year and he’s already been forgotten about. Once they showed his face he got a bit of a reaction but nothing Earth-shattering, and I can’t see Reigns wanting to work with him long term.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

To be fair, every promoter in the history of wrestling has had a weak spot for a shitarse.

I’d be utterly terrified for my future prospects if I was Theory.

I’m more positive about Theory’s future than ever before. His main event push is likely over but he’ll make a good, steady living back in the role he’s way more suited for - opening match, comedy goofball, card carrying member of Johnny Gargano’s Gang of Idiots. Dexter Loomis is probably clearing out his calendar as we speak.

I thought the reaction to Kross’ music was about what it always is. He’s so shit. I’d love to know what Hunter sees in him. Did it not concern Hunter that Kross was in such little demand after leaving that he had to hang around those Control Your Narrative morons?

On the plus side, it was a big night for the fans of Roman Reigns looking slightly shocked at someone’s music hitting! Two for one!

Edited by Supremo

Never got the forum hate for Kross. He is everything WWE looks for in a wrestler. Big and scary looking. His and Scarlett's presentation in NXT was great. I was surprised Vince saw nothing in him to be honest. He seemed like the kind of wrestler Vince would have always creamed himself over and Scarlett has the look WWE has always pushed. 

• Paid Members

I will say that Hunter’s vision is far more interesting than Vince doing the same thing then, now and forever. I’m actually willing to at least read the results, if not watch the shows themselves, which hasn’t been the case for a long time. With Vince in charge, Bayley returns with Natalya and Tamina as back-up and Brock vs. Roman is already pencilled in as the Survivor Series main event.

I also think this bodes very well for Clash at the Castle. In the Vince version of the multiverse we were almost certainly heading towards one of those PPV main events where they book themselves into a corner and shit the bed. Pure Bray vs. Seth and Roman vs. The Demon vibes, where neither guy can win, so they do some stupid nonsense that makes everyone look like a dickhead. With Hunter though? I reckon they might have the balls to strap Drew up and give him a proper run in front of crowds. Exciting!

I'm surprised anyone can tell the reaction anyone is getting through the wall of crowd sweetener they've splashed over the whole show.  Bloody hell, once you notice it it's all you hear.

That was the first Smackdown I've watched in a long time, and it wasn't great.  Pat MacAfee is really annoying, dancing on the desk all the time.  Opening the show with Corbin v Riccochet?  Ooof.  

I quite like the Raiders, they feel like an 80s tag team, so it's nice to see them back.

AEW needs to take note of the amount of time the women get on the WWE shows.  Raquel Rodriquez has had a nose job since NXT!  Nice to see Bazsler getting a push, she was good down in development.

All in all, lots still to improve BUT they've set up an interesting Intercontinental match for the next PPV, so that's one piece in place.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

If an act ever screamed Sable and Marc Mero it’s them two.

Funnily enough it wasn’t a long back that I was looking at Scarlet thinking “this is one of those bankable commodity situations where they actually don’t have a clue what to do.” Her likeness should be on everything they can possibly sell. In a world of no Mrs raid, I’m definitely taking my lunch to work in a Scarlet flask and lunchbox, double clicking atop my Scarlet mouse mat and tucking myself in snug under a Scarlet duvet cover at night.

Edited by air_raid