The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

2 minutes ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

ANother good reason to just totally ignore Twitter! 

Twitter is a nightmare these days. Maybe it always has been but its definitely more noticeable now. Its funny how people are quick to jump on anything anti-WWE they can but they rarely give a shit about supporting these wrestlers normally. I remember all the anger over the releases when it was a bunch of people no one gave a shit about when they were actually performing. But as soon as they're in a position to be used in the anti-WWE argument then they're suddenly their favourite wrestlers.

Don't get me wrong. There's obviously a lot to criticise about WWE but there's also a lot of shit posted on social media.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

To be fair, the Demon look does have a bit of a minstrely vibe to it.

The OG demon spacer.png

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yes and it was a great match and the crowd loved it.

As much as I feel sorry for Zelina on a personal level, there wasn't anything on the show that should've been cut to give her a match.

You really believe not a single match could have been bumped to next week for something as symbolic as that?

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

As much as I feel sorry for Zelina on a personal level, there wasn't anything on the show that should've been cut to give her a match.

It's not the fact of cutting something she was supposed to be on the show going by interviews she'd done prior to it so shit just ran long. Unless they just told her that to keep her sweet for her to do that doc premiere thingy 

Lesnar is a star and he’s leagues above anybody else in WWE. I love his selling too. Took those two super kicks like a champ. To steal a phrase from Cena, Brock is doing it better part time than some are doing it full time. 

I still love watching his selling of Drew’s claymore on him that eliminated him from the Rumble. It was perfect. 

Edited by Mr Kennedy

As mentioned above, the show was focused and decent throughout. A nice vibe to it, good fans. The Lesnar section was just great, Big E was great, Heyman as usual. Bianca got a super reception and Becky asked a question I don't think has ever been asked at a contract signing before... "What if I...just don't sign it?" Fun segment too, I thought!

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Zelina Vega was supposed to wrestle in Madison Square Garden, twenty years after losing her Dad in 9/11…and then they cut her match due to time constraints.

Do not tweet about unionisation if you ever plan on returning to this company.

3 hours ago, JohnKringler said:

as sad as I am for Zelina. She went back after being fired for her beliefs. Not like AEW wouldn't have taken her. She's made her bed.

It's all Ze.... ahh, never mind.

16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It was 25 minutes long! I'd say the purpose and enjoyment wouldn't have been remotely hurt by taking anywhere from 5-10mins off the top to fit Zelina's match in. Especially since the focus was the post-match injury anyway. And yes, granted, I'm sure they would get grief for being potentially 'exploitative', but I'd say that is a small price to pay in order to allow her a little time to honour her Dad.

I don't think it would have improved the show per se. i just think it's a massive shame to give her the hope that it was going to happen (she even had new gear made) only to bump it so two guys who have already had a significant PPV match could build their angle more.