The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

27 minutes ago, Doog said:

The “Holy Shit” chant is now being muted on a live show.

This company definitely isn’t for me anymore.

Of all the things to level at WWE, this is a weird one. 

I'd just like them to put on a good show, I'm not too bothered about whether I can hear the crowd swearing.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Doog said:

The “Holy Shit” chant is now being muted on a live show.

This company definitely isn’t for me anymore.

Good job they haven't done anything really bad in the past or you'd have been really mad at them!

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Zelina Vega was supposed to wrestle in Madison Square Garden, twenty years after losing her Dad in 9/11…and then they cut her match due to time constraints.

Do not tweet about unionisation if you ever plan on returning to this company.

I read about this after the show. Considering how much good this show actually had about it, it’s remarkable how quickly and easily that goodwill can dissipate when you remember what they’re actually like. Zelina has been on the actual 9/11 memorial service today, for fuck’s sake! And they cut that time to give more minutes to Edge and Seth Rollins?!?

• Paid Members

It’s easily the best weekly WWE TV show this year. Really focussed and full of good stuff. I’ve no hope they can maintain it but as a one-off show this was a big thumbs up. Fingers crossed this is a sign of things to come though. It’d be brilliant if the buzz around AEW forced some real change and stopped them sleep-walking through months and months of television.

God bless them sending Brock out with his beard, top knot and flannel shirt. Who needs Bryan Danielson? We’ve got Bryan Danielson after taking super serum!

”Brock Lesnar looks like he’s eaten Brock Lesnar!”

Good old Pat McAfee.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

This may seem like an odd question, but does Smackdown have a different writing team? Or do they give more freedom to the wrestlers with their stories? I know Roman has a lot of freedom and so did Bryan, but just wondering how it can be so contrasting to Raw.

Also, there were a lot of folk over on the twitter shit machine calling Balor racist and claiming he was using blackface.