The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

5 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

It's incredibly spiteful but she deserves it. She, still employed by the company, kicked up a huge fuss about Unions which she was right to do and it was admirable and then got let go. Instead of carrying on with the Union sword that she fell on, or even going to another company or the indies with more work flexibility where she can wrestle under her own terms, she went crawling back to the same shitty company she was gagging to leave, in a worse role for probably less money.
She's incredibly naive and stupid at best. What a bizarre yet completely predictable situation she's now in. Probably locked in for years. She's an idiot.

I may have missed this, but did she ever say she was "gagging to", or even wanted to leave? I don't think it's particularly fair to judge her on her views on unions, much less call her "an idiot". At no point did she say she didn't want to work for the company, or that she would never work there again, so I don't think you can hold her to that standard. She was clearly unhappy with a decision they had made, but that doesn't mean she was unhappy with the wider working environment. Leaving a job changes your personal life, you no longer speak to people who you would have spoken to every day. In WWE that's going to be even harder, given that wrestlers travel together. In spite of how WWE have used her, she may well be happy there. And fair enough. 

5 hours ago, The Dart said:

All fair points and no I don't judge her for taking the money at all.

But if she believed in what she said that much then she wouldn't have gone back.

She didn't choose to leave, they fired her. But if you're going to work on that logic, do you think wrestlers who strongly oppose Trump should have left the company due to the close ties the McMahon family had to that indisputably evil regime? How about the wrestlers who objected to the Saudi Arabian events? If she was to refuse to work for WWE ever again, ultimately they're not going to care. It'll make no difference, except, perhaps, to her own life. I can understand why she may not have been willing to do that. 

"We've already seen Mr. Missionary tonight"  Probably made me laugh bit too much hearing that come out of Roman's Reigns mouth about John Cena, but that and his facial expressions thoughtout the contract signing were real good. 

Good to see Sasha Banks back and turn full heel on Bianca Belair, I assume the Wrestlemania rematch will take place at Summerslam which should be a good watch again. 

Baron Corban new gimmick is most interesting he has ever been

A few predictable bits on the show but it still felt entertaining which is always the important thing.

You knew they'd get to Cena for Summerslam eventually. Quite the quick turn around but I don't mind. Finn has made his intentions clear and he's there waiting in the wings along with Edge and Seth etc. It's good to have future options.

Reginald is pretty fun in his current role and not fucking up women's feuds etc.

The Sasha turn needed to happen and I'm looking forward to a rematch with a proper face/heel dynamic.

Rest of the show flew by. Corbin is doing good in his current role. I liked that they made the Seth/Edge stuff a little unpredictable. 

3 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Gotta be among the quickest face/heel switches of all time for Sasha too. Was she not a heel at Wrestlemania? Meaning she effectively turned face on Smackdown returning to save Bianca, and turned back heel about an hour later.

I don't think they leant enough into the heel Banks character for the WrestleMania build up at all. It was all about making history etc etc and the moment and I really don't think they did a good job establishing her as one.

Since that, they appeared at the Espys together and they've spoken about how proud they are of what they did together and all that. So again, no real effort put into Sasha being the heel. Sure, she got a bit of an edge before Mania but this week is the most clearcut heel work she's done with Bianca by far. They needed that line crossed and I'm glad they've done it properly.

I remember Sasha punking out Bianca a lot for being a "rookie" after their half assed partnership earlier in the year. And I wouldn't count the ESPYs stuff as canon- sure, WWE will take the clout of it but it doesn't have actual bearing on the characters.

But yeah, glad we have clear cut sides now. Should be plenty heated by Summerslam. 

• Paid Members

Roman: I'll beat you back to NXT.

McAfee: Tuesday nights, 8pm.

How great is Pat? I mean, it's a weekly thing now, but his off the cuff comments, daft dancing and just the way he comes across like he's having the best time of his life is really endearing.

47 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Roman: I'll beat you back to NXT.

McAfee: Tuesday nights, 8pm.

How great is Pat? I mean, it's a weekly thing now, but his off the cuff comments, daft dancing and just the way he comes across like he's having the best time of his life is really endearing.

Wrestling is at it's bet when you can clearly see people enjoying it. And he's loving it. Good on him.

• Paid Members

Mad that they booked themselves into a corner to create a cliffhanger last week and the best they could do to get out of it was have their big hero scribble his name on someone else's contract. There's some creative licence because Wrestling but resorting to this utter nonsense in the biggest match you have available is painful stuff.

Defended Cena's promo last week and then it's all shooty bollocks this week.

Fuck do I hate the whole "sign your name on someone else's contract" cliche. It's such lazy booking. 

Maybe one day I can invade a board meeting when someone at my job is about to become CEO and steal his promotion at the last minute.

Should of just used Adobe sign... would of save them a lot of trouble.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members

Only just caught wind of how they set up Cena vs. Roman. What a mess. It’s crazy how they decide on a big match and then make it less and less exciting with each passing week. It’s genuinely better to just go into WWE pay per views blind. I had visions of this being a modern-day Rock vs. Cena and say what you want about that feud but at least the match wasn’t created by a fucking legal loophole!

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s crazy how they decide on a big match and then make it less and less exciting with each passing week. 

They book a hell of a video package. When it comes to the PPV, I imagine half of the build won't even make the cut, it's just making up TV time.

The video package for Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair at Wrestlemania made it feel like a really big match, rather than the "can they coexist?!" bollocks with added Reginald that it actually was. 

It is amazing how often they come up with a match that they could sell PPVs literally by just saying "JOHN CENA VS. ROMAN REIGNS, NEXT SUNDAY", and then actively work to diminish the level of interest, though.