The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

On 7/3/2021 at 11:26 AM, FUM said:

I’ve never liked Baron Corbin but am I supposed to dislike him and think Rick Boogs was hilarious ripping him? They really have no idea how to book faces and heels. They’re making me actually feel sorry for Corbin.

Commentary was a shambles when Zelina came out. Like she’d never been away.

Otis doesn’t look like the same guy but it’s a much better look for him.

Completely agree on the Corbin front. I was watching the morning edit with my 7 year old and he was saying how Corbin looked sad and he felt sorry for him.  Seem to have got the tone of that story completely wrong (unless they are looking at doing a longer term turn)

43 minutes ago, kieranjennings said:

Completely agree on the Corbin front. I was watching the morning edit with my 7 year old and he was saying how Corbin looked sad and he felt sorry for him.  Seem to have got the tone of that story completely wrong (unless they are looking at doing a longer term turn)

I mean, it's a company booked through the filter of a man who clearly does not understand what constitutes babyface and heel qualities. Heck, they ran (and may still run) an anti-bullying campaign for the longest time when they clearly did not understand what bullying actually was. They had babyface characters mock Jack Swagger because of his lisp, babyfaces mock Vickie Guerrero for her weight; in one case even comparing her to a pig, heel Matt Morgan given a stuttering gimmick because clearly that's hilarious, multiple babyfaces using gay jokes to mock heels (and babyface announcers) up until relatively recently, and behind the scenes you had Vince and his enablers picking on people like Howard Finkel and Jim Ross - and I'm not even sure they'd be able to identify that this is what they were doing. 

They may have a long term direction in mind for Corbin, or they may just think the idea of depression is worthy of derision and a good old giggle. 

They've trademarked "Happy Corbin", so either they've giving him an ironic nickname to drive the point home, or soon he'll be a pandering, smiling, over-the-top, whacky babyface inspiring to pick his life up. Either way, I know what I'll be watching on Friday night!

(It's not Smackdown)

27 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

They've trademarked "Happy Corbin", so either they've giving him an ironic nickname to drive the point home, or soon he'll be a pandering, smiling, over-the-top, whacky babyface inspiring to pick his life up. Either way, I know what I'll be watching on Friday night!

(It's not Smackdown)

I have this theory upon reading this where they just redo the hug it out angle, but with Corbin trying to smile and looking like the Grinch everytime. 

Shorty G. Just remembered that. That was really unfortunate. 

• Paid Members

I'd not be surprised if Gable gets involved in the angle soon enough, maybe he'll offer Corbin a spot in the Alpha Academy promising to turn his luck around like he has for Otis, and bestow the condescending moniker "Happy" upon him as Corbin called him "Shorty". Subsequently, Corbin will lean into it like Shorty G did, and presumably they'll try a face turn.

I did hope that when they stripped Corbin back a few weeks ago, to a shell, removed the crown, and he was backstage looking glum, it was their way of writing him off TV, and would ultimately lead to his release.

No such luck yet.

Gotta give it them though, a babyface Corbin. Right in time for those fans to come back so they can savour the greatness in person. It'll be like the Yes Movement, except everybody going to the bathroom at the same time instead of chanting. The Bowel Movement, if you will.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

7 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Gotta give it them though, a babyface Corbin. Right in time for those fans to come back so they can savour the greatness in person. It'll be like the Yes Movement, except everybody going to the bathroom at the same time instead of chanting. The Bowel Movement, if you will.

They could repackage him as "Prince of The Piss Break".

3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Jimmy Uso has been arrested on another DUI. Wonder how this will affect the current storyline or whether he will get a suspension?

https://amp.tmz.com/2021/07/06/jimmy-uso-arrest-dui-again-florida-wwe-jonathan-fatu/?__twitter_impression=true 

The most thing to take from this isn't whether a storyline can continue. The most important take from this is that Jimmy Uso can fuck right off. 

Edited by Tsurutagun

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

The most thing to take from this isn't whether a storyline can continue. The most important take from this is that Jimmy Uso can fuck right off. 

Very much so, and in no way was I making light of the situation, I was merely questioning where this goes now, with it being his 4th (?) DUI, you would believe this would be it for him. To blow a 0.2 isn't just a couple of beers, it's blackout drunk according to this:

https://www.alcohol.org/effects/blood-alcohol-concentration/

Screenshot_20210706-180253_Chrome.jpg

Or, if this is the 4th time as somebody mentioned (I don’t know the exact number), maybe somebody at WWE looks at getting him the help that he quite obviously needs rather than just kicking him to the curb.

Of course it could be that he’s an utter moron who doesn’t learn, or maybe there is a deeper issue that needs addressing

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Jimmy has just returned no? When the Usos were on Colt's podcast a fee years back they made reference to the fact that they were working as removal men and pretty much spending their time drunk.

It wasn't until Umaga seemingly came home and kicked the shit out of them before taking them to wrestling school that they seemingly straightened up. Jimmy obviously needs some help, lets hope he gets it before he ends up doing someone or himself so real damage.