The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, KJHenley said:

That doesn't even make sense, Corbin was an Offensive Lineman. Sure it wasn't Cole?

Watched it back and you're right it was Cole. It is a bafflingly stupid line but you'd assume it's one he's been fed to say by someone who clearly had no idea which position Corbin played.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:29 AM, Supremo said:

It was such a snide, shitty little dig. It didn’t get Corbin over as a heel, nor Cole over as a babyface. It didn’t even push the story. If anything, I wanted Corbin to find out Cole had said it and knock him out.

Oh, wow. I never thought anything could make me a fan of Boring Corbin but him punching out Michael Cole would be a start.

What's Bayley's gimmick now then, I've seen bits here and there and it looks like she's just glued a load of old Gilda Radner bits together and cobbled a weird character. I know WWE kind of brought her to the main roster and made her a child and an idiot, but what's her latest bit about. She acts like a teenager on too much sugar hosting an imaginary talk show she'd host in her room, but has real guests. 

Also Reginald, manager? Just a bloke? Does he work matches? 

Edited by Chili

36 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

It's like Broken Matt's laugh. It strikes me that they did that noise backstage or on a podcast once and the wrong person heard it and decided that was their gimmick now, and both of them shrugged, figuring "Hey, at least that's another 6 months on TV." 

Oh like when Kurrgan danced and Vince clocked it. Money. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Chili said:

Also Reginald, manager? Just a bloke? Does he work matches? 

Little bit of all 3, really.

He's more of a second than a proper manager - was introduced as Carmella's personal sommelier, started favouring Sasha Banks over his boss after about 3 weeks which got him involved in the Banks/BelAir storyline for a bit, then he dropped out of that and re-emerged as Nia's boyfriend.

He's had 4 or 5 matches, all against women IIRC. They are mostly based around him performing gymnastic evasions etc - he was Cirque du Soleil before joining WWE. 

To start off with the women mostly beat him up, but he pinned Shayna Baszler the other week (like everyone does these days).

13 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Don't know what's more indecisive. WWE's booking or the search for the next Spurs manager. 

Why's it 'indecisive'? We don't know what they're doing with it. Will the match actually go ahead? Will we get something else at the PPV? Who knows.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Why's it 'indecisive'? We don't know what they're doing with it. Will the match actually go ahead? Will we get something else at the PPV? Who knows.

They advertised it a week ago for the PPV and have moved it already. If they were better, you'd give them the benefit of any doubt but given they've spent the last few years booking almost day to day, it just looks like more uncertainty on their writing staff.

Not that it matters whether it's on Smackdown, PPV or Wrestling Challenge, like.

• Paid Members

It’s a crazy situation they’ve booked themselves into, but honestly, I’d rather they do the Rey vs. Roman match on free TV and have it lead to a Tag Title match with Roman and Jey Uso against the Mysterios at the PPV. I suspect they’ve came to the same conclusion. There’s no drama to be had with Roman defending the Title until Cena comes back, so why bother pretending otherwise.