The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Annoying thing is without the Throwback stuff it was actually a pretty decent show. But yeah they needed to do the theme properly or not at all. It was fucking lazy and most of it didn't make any sense.

I’m very much over retro-themed shows with the same old cameos, but if you’re going to hype a throwback show, you should probably tick those boxes better than they did. As it was, it was very much the WWE equivalent of the Simpsons clip shows.

Having said that, if you take away the odd ‘throwback’ stuff, it was another good show. The Jimmy Uso stuff is intriguing, and I can’t imagine it’s going to end with both Usos by Roman’s side. I’d definitely be intrigued by Roman vs Jimmy, after the Cesaro feud is over. Or perhaps Jey vs Jimmy at Backlash, as Roman continues his gaslighting and manipulation. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Having said that, if you take away the odd ‘throwback’ stuff, it was another good show. The Jimmy Uso stuff is intriguing, and I can’t imagine it’s going to end with both Usos by Roman’s side. 

I think that's exactly how it ends. Tease that Jimmy isn't on Roman's side, so it's more "shocking" when he helps Reigns win at the PPV.

FOX: So guys, we have a NASCAR race coming up on FOX which every car has a throwback scheme. So maybe, you lot can do a throwback show. 

Kevin Dunn: Awesome idea, we can have Hulk there and..... 

FOX: About that, Tucker Carlson has it in his contract that he has to be the most racist guy on the FOX channels at any one time so no Hogan. Maybe you guys can do the fist thing you had in 2003?

Kevin Dunn: (Laughs) Oh, you're serious? 

FOX: The fans love that 

Kevin Dunn: You mean the WWE Universe 

FOX: Whatever. People love that 

Kevin Dunn: Yeah, that's not happening. Unless I have make it a CGI one

FOX: OK then 

Edited by Tsurutagun

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I think that's exactly how it ends. Tease that Jimmy isn't on Roman's side, so it's more "shocking" when he helps Reigns win at the PPV.

I would expect so. It feels too early for either of them to really go against him. I think Jimmy will fall in line for the sake of his brother at this point. But eventually Roman will push their buttons too much somewhere down the line. 

I do feel like they're in the same position with Cesaro as they were with Bryan though. He needs some mates. 

7 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Watched a few clips of the "Throwback" Smackdown and they used the wrong fucking WWF logo. They used the 80s one instead of the Attitute/Ruthless Aggression one. This company is so goddamn lazy and stupid. If they don't even care about the basics why should the fans care about anything?

Yes this annoyed me - timelines completely messed up. The old old logo, ICOPRO & Ice-cream bar adverts - both early to mid 90s. “A young Vince McMahon” was never a main commentator on Smackdown. Wish they’d just stuck to the Smackdown 99 - 04 theme.

Did enjoy Michael Coles retro get up though - I remember him and Kevin Kelly wearing that.  

That ending angle with the Usos was, as it won’t shock you to discover, ruined by Big Kev’s CUTCUTCUTCUTCUT camera flipping. All they needed was ten seconds on Jimmy, to make it clear he was conflicted about leaving Roman or helping his brother. Yet they kept flipping back to the Cesaro attack, so when he actually returned to the ring you couldn’t even tell right away. Even my wife commented on it. Hideous camera work.

• Paid Members

The camera work reminds me of that World Of Sport show on ITV the other year. 

12 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Watched a few clips of the "Throwback" Smackdown and they used the wrong fucking WWF logo. They used the 80s one instead of the Attitute/Ruthless Aggression one. This company is so goddamn lazy and stupid. If they don't even care about the basics why should the fans care about anything?

they didn't exactly say it was going to be a nod to the old school smackdown, hell even the promos they aired the week before pretty much told you what it was going to be.

Reading through social media, you'd think Tamina was the most under-utilised talent on the roster. Where the fuck did her fans come from? She clearly means a lot to the women on the roster but beyond that I just can't wrap my head around it really.

This shit never would've happened if that damn Fox Twitter account didn't upset Natalya.

• Paid Members

I saw it on Twitter this morning. Clicked on the trend and it was full of you deserve it stuff and, worse, your Daddy's will be looking down proudly stuff. At least one of them looking down from that great prison yard in the sky.

World's gone mad.