The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

By Bryan's own account, he's wanting more time with family and ready to let wrestling go so I imagine it's more moving to do more in his writing position.

Agree with how good an episode that was. I know it's just standard now and doesn't need to be said but Roman's mannerisms just get you so invested in everything he does. He makes it feel real.

Really good promo video to reintroduce Black too.

20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes to NXT. He seems happy wrestling guys and trying to have fun matches, so that might be the best place for him whilst his contract runs out.

I could see that happening too, particularly given how often he talks up Johnny Gargano as someone he'd like to wrestle. They could do worse than to pit him against Karrion Kross, as far as his development goes. 

I could see the NXT environment working better for him in the long term too, it totally removes the requirement for him to travel and I'm sure they'd just let him piss about and wrestle whoever he likes. 

21 minutes ago, FUM said:

Agree with how good an episode that was. I know it's just standard now and doesn't need to be said but Roman's mannerisms just get you so invested in everything he does. He makes it feel real.

At the risk of sounding like I'm falling victim to recency bias, I honestly think Roman is the best heel I've seen since I started watching wrestling in the early brand split era. He has no redeeming features whatsoever, and utterly owns the screen any time he appears. He feels utterly unbeatable in the best possible way, and whoever does win the title of him has a real chance of becoming a huge star. Which is why they'd be utterly insane to have anyone other than Big E do it. 

As soon as the new music played, any lingering hopes I had of Bryan winning the belt faded. Then, as their match progressed, they grew again and had me believing. What a brilliant episode. I felt genuinely sad at the end of that, seeing Bryan’s time on Smackdown come to an end. He’s very much the wrestler I associate with the blue brand in the new brand split era, and he’s been such a fantastic part of it.

His run as GM, the original Talking Smack, his return promo, his heel turn and run as the ‘planet’s champion’, the part he played in Kofimania and his recent feud with Reigns. All brilliant. 

I’m intrigued by what’s coming next for him. 

EDIT: Oh, and I liked Roman’s new music, it was long overdue and fits his character well.

Edited by RedRooster

I just love Bryan. What a great wrestler and a fantastic guy. Him and Reigns have a great chemistry and dynamic. It would be great if we saw these two down the road again as they are the perfect heel/face with bits of grey chucked in. 

Where Bryan goes from here who knows. He seems to be doing well backstage and maybe popping up once in a while, but really I would love to see him switch to AEW. There's just so many possibilities there. 

Edited by Factotum

• Paid Members

He'll be staying home with Brie and the kids and giving his input on Zoom in creative meetings. Maybe they'll pop him in the Rumble now and again. 

• Paid Members

That was one of the best television main events I can remember. Roman's new entrance and music is next level! Suits him down to he ground. Only complaint is I wish he'd freshen up his trousers.

But what a match that was! Really good back and forth and I believed just enough that Bryan could upset the odds. Finish was incredible also. So subtle yet so devastating. Top marks. 

I can’t believe this is from the same company that produces raw each week. This was a great show. Roman is still the greatest. Would be weird to send Bryan to NXT a couple of weeks after NXT lost its purpose but there’s some people I’d love to see him wrestle. Imagine him against Walter and Pete Dunne!

8 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

There was a few NXT wrestlers that tweeted as soon as he lost, I'd love to see him Vs Dunne or Gargano now.

There’s no way that promo Dunne had on NXT this week doesn’t lead to Bryan showing up, I’m convinced that that was what it was hinting at

• Paid Members

Is it just me, or do the titles to Smackdown look at a like the titles to cringeworthy Paddy McGuinness vehicle Take Me Out? 

• Paid Members

Watched a few clips of the "Throwback" Smackdown and they used the wrong fucking WWF logo. They used the 80s one instead of the Attitute/Ruthless Aggression one. This company is so goddamn lazy and stupid. If they don't even care about the basics why should the fans care about anything?