The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Of all the feuds from Wrestlemania people wanted to continue I don't think Nattie & Tamina Vs Nia and Shayna was one of them. How long is the statute of limitations on homicide? 

EDIT: I'm just watching the highlights from the "Mania Smackdown". Those camera cuts manage to miss every single blow landing whenever a strike is thrown. It's even more off putting than all the camera cuts on the ITV World Of Sport series. Does it look like this so they can show it during the day? Is it this bad when it's on live? 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Awards Moderator

Reigns cutting that promo about nobody wanting to face him after defeating two legends, being the best in the business etc. only for Cesaro to come out like he’s been to Top Man for his Ladies’ Day suit creased me. His music is as dull as he is.

But realistically, who would be a worthy dethroner of Reigns? I can’t think of anyone, including Lesnar and E. Big Roman is light years ahead of anyone else they subcontract.

• Paid Members

How many times did Lesnar demolish Reigns at Mania? Means nothing. They'll put a decent run together in time for a rumble win and protect him. Reigns will start beating people after a single spear then Drew looks incredible kicking out of 6 and carrying Reigns to the ropes to break the guillotine. 

• Paid Members

Nobody should dethrone Reigns. Not for a long, long time anyway. Give his a massive run on top where he just ploughs through all the challengers(throw in a few where he has to scrape past them by the skin of his teeth too) while giving someone a long term build away from him, to face him way down the line. With the right person, beating him after a long build and title reign, it could be star making. 

But we all know WWE will bring a part-timer back for a nostalgia run and take the belt from him in a month or two...

Why dethrone the best wrestler in wwe right now; what's the rush? Reigns has waited a long time to get his moment to shine and he's finally given the chance to unleash the potential without a lame babyface gimmick. Having nobody to topple him will make his eventual demise as champion even more special. I miss slow-burn build-ups and hope this gives Big E the chance to emerge after a long build. 

Hell, I'd love him to beat the Rock in some family feud on the way to his eventual demise. Anything but a loss to less credible opponents or Brock.

He's that good right now it's worth taking time to work out a decent challenger... of course this is not going to happen but we can dream.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

How many times did Lesnar demolish Reigns at Mania? Means nothing. 

I thought it ruined Reigns as a babyface forever, personally.

15 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

a long build

13 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

a long build

15 hours ago, DCW said:

building up

Dangerous ground, this. After the Reigns as babyface bullshit, I have zero confidence they can get someone built up adequately with the conscious goal of dethroning a huge heel after a long reign. They’ll get too tempted to have the match multiple times and Luger their new hope several times mistakenly thinking “overcoming adversity” makes them a bigger hero like they’re making an action movie, when in fact they’re making him look a loser in a pretend sport. The best they can do is keep the potential “guy” away from Reigns and beat a ton of midcard guys from now until Christmas without dropping any matches on TV by pin/submission without any overtures towards the big belt and come January 1st if they’re popular enough, give them a few minutes talk time on TV about winning the Rumble rather than just making up the numbers, and run with it. If it hasn’t worked, you fall back on McIntyre for winning the Rumble and wrestling Reigns at Mania.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I get what you mean but you're not Vince, who didn't give two monkeys what an idiot Reigns looked like constantly getting demolished by Lesnar at Mania. If this Lashley thing is going to be the only blotch on Drew's copybook (and maybe the unnecessary back and forth with Orton) then there's a lot less rehabbing to do than there was for Roman.

The danger now is that he gets made to look like a chump several more times before they finally decide to have him dethrone Reigns. 

That was a brilliant episode of Smackdown. 

Can't wait until next week's show, Reigns/Bryan should be an absolute barnstormer of a match. I hope the consequence of this is not a Bryan move to Raw, to give Lashley a new opponent. If he's leaving Smackdown, which very much feels like "his" show, I really hope he ends up leaving the company and wrestling in AEW. 

Reigns is astoundingly good though, and given the general lay of the land I'm guessing his next title match will be against both Cesaro and Seth Rollins, perhaps giving him the opportunity to do the stack pin again. 

The team of Gable and Otis is surprisingly fun to watch. I feel a bit sorry for Tucker in that Otis has wound up landing back in a tag team anyway, and there was definite potential in a heel Heavy Machinery. But Gable and Otis work really well together. 

24 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Can't wait until next week's show, Reigns/Bryan should be an absolute barnstormer of a match. I hope the consequence of this is not a Bryan move to Raw, to give Lashley a new opponent. If he's leaving Smackdown, which very much feels like "his" show, I really hope he ends up leaving the company and wrestling in AEW. 

Surely Bryan is just going to be moving to a more backstage position (isn't he helping write Smackdown at the moment?) rather than leaving WWE for AEW.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I wonder whether it's just to write him off TV so he can do more writing/producing. 

• Paid Members

They probably want him off TV for being such a liability in how honest he is in interviews! Talking about feeling detached main eventing Wrestlemania, saying his dream is to stay employed by WWE but work for other promotions. It must drive them crazy that they’ve got a top star who doesn’t seem to give a shit and just says what’s in his head.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes to NXT. He seems happy wrestling guys and trying to have fun matches, so that might be the best place for him whilst his contract runs out.

Edited by Supremo