The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Part of me hopes this is the key to E not fighting for the IC belt again but not losing any momentum. By having Black cost him he can transition right into a feud there, instead of fighting Apollo forever and dealing with his cheating tactics.

Opens him up for a feud with Reigns around SummerSlam time with fans back in attendance.

34 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Nice way to start off Smackdown by belittling the champions and their titles. 

I mean that's not what they did though is it. They had Heyman, a heel manager, come out and push his client as the most important champion in the company and the industry. Big difference.

18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean that's not what they did though is it. They had Heyman, a heel manager, come out and push his client as the most important champion in the company and the industry. Big difference.

Thats exactly what he did, by belittling everyone as mere "title holders" and then they want you to care about the main event! Not happening. 

54 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Nice way to start off Smackdown by belittling the champions and their titles. 

To be fair, I don't watch the shows regularly enough to know who holds what title.

Also WWE does have a fair few titles, so not all of them have that much meaning.

I mean, does anyone really care about the 24/7 Championship?

Look at people defending WWE belts titles more than the matchmakers do. 

Eric Bugenhagen was a way better name than that shite. Another Adam Rose, a unique thing that catches your eye, but they'll fuck him in two months. 

*I really hope Vince has a folder of his ideas that never worked and saw Man Mountain Rock with a question mark and going 'ahhh, that, I knew I liked that' 

Edited by Chili

47 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Thats exactly what he did, by belittling everyone as mere "title holders" and then they want you to care about the main event! Not happening. 

Context is everything. He believes his client is above everyone else. Roman believes he is above everyone else. They're a heel duo. Why would they NOT act like that?

And yes I cared about the main event. It was a great effort and a good match from all guys. And funnily enough Heyman didn't ruin it.

Let’s be honest, Roman IS head and shoulders above every other champion on Raw, Smackdown and NXT. It ain’t like they’re lying.

I’d even go as far as saying even Jey Uso is above all the other champions in regards to presentation and his contribution to Reigns current run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm starting to get over the Reigns bubble now already which is a shame. I just don't find the character interesting in that they are presenting absolutely everyone else below him in such a fashion that there's no match ups I want to see him in right now and it's a bit boring watching rinse and repeats of him battering people, talking down to the Usos and brooding like a mid 2000s emo kid when he doesn't get his own way.

I get that the rumour is him and Cena at SummerSlam and if anyone can overcome him it'd be Cena but outside of that they're doing such a bad job building anyone else up to face him it's making me avoid SmackDown now too.

That being said, Seth Rollins' suits just get better every week, so I have absolutely no concept of taste.

• Paid Members

Presumably it's going to be Reigns Vs Jimmy Uso or Jay Vs Jimmy inside Hell In A Cell?