FUM Posted June 27, 2021 Posted June 27, 2021 Edge looked far better than the old fogey who turned up earlier in the year. It really is time they developed a new big spot though. I'd be interested in a count of how many bodies have went through the barricade in the last 2 years. I'm pretty sure it happened to someone on Raw just last week. Quote
The Dart Posted June 27, 2021 Posted June 27, 2021 4 minutes ago, FUM said: Edge looked far better than the old fogey who turned up earlier in the year. It really is time they developed a new big spot though. I'd be interested in a count of how many bodies have went through the barricade in the last 2 years. I'm pretty sure it happened to someone on Raw just last week. It's not how often it happens that's the problem. It's that everytime it happens the commentators act like it's the first time it's happened. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 27, 2021 Posted June 27, 2021 10 minutes ago, The Dart said: It's not how often it happens that's the problem. It's that everytime it happens the commentators act like it's the first time it's happened. In fairness to them, they're hardly going to start chanting "same old shit!" at their own product are they? They're there to be enthusiastic about stuff. I know JR on AEW would suggest otherwise but yeah, generally you're expecting the commentary to make things feel fresh and exciting even if it's not. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2021 As someone who was excited for Thea Trinidad to debut in AEW, I was super disappointed to see Zelina Vega return on Smackdown. And then she lost in her first night. Of course she did. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 5 minutes ago, Supremo said: As someone who was excited for Thea Trinidad to debut in AEW, I was super disappointed to see Zelina Vega return on Smackdown. And then she lost in her first night. Of course she did. I was surprised that she turned up but at least she was on SmackDown and not RAW. Could've been worse. And I wouldn't mind her working with Bianca Belair some more. As for her losing, she'd already been given the MITB slot. It was just a heel getting her comeuppance after trying to cheat. Basic storytelling and no real impact on her at all. But yeah I'm surprised she's back. I hope they can capitalise on her some more this time around. She felt like she was just getting some momentum last time. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2021 Cheating heels getting their instant comeuppance is almost as big a problem as everyone losing to everyone else. To say this is basic storytelling that has no real impact just speaks to how long WWE have been doing this bollocks and how widely accepted it’s become. Of course it has impact. Back less than ten minutes and she’s instantly just another body on the roster doing what everyone else is doing. Going 50/50. No stars. No heat. No momentum. I look forward to her wrestling Liv for the next three months, trading wins back and forth. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2021 The announcers reaction to Zelina Vega's big return was Todd Grisham "it's Christian..." levels of enthusiasm. Quote
RedRooster Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 1 hour ago, Supremo said: As someone who was excited for Thea Trinidad to debut in AEW, I was super disappointed to see Zelina Vega return on Smackdown. And then she lost in her first night. Of course she did. I feel similarly. I can only assume her husband is on the way back too, and if that is the case I can only hope that he’s used better this time round. Given how good AEW is, I think I’m at the point where I’m only going to feel disappointed by any WWE debut/return of a wrestler that I feel has potential. Quote
FUM Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 I’ve never liked Baron Corbin but am I supposed to dislike him and think Rick Boogs was hilarious ripping him? They really have no idea how to book faces and heels. They’re making me actually feel sorry for Corbin. Commentary was a shambles when Zelina came out. Like she’d never been away. Otis doesn’t look like the same guy but it’s a much better look for him. Quote
Tsurutagun Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 18 minutes ago, FUM said: Commentary was a shambles when Zelina came out. Like she’d never been away. Tbf it's not like when The Rock returned in 2011. I'm not it's the smartest idea to have someone who isn't good at the wrestling in a Money In The Bank match. It could be a recipe for disaster. Also, Zelina deleted her "I support unionsisation" tweet Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2021 Zelina Vega was the manager for a free agent people wanted in another company and she's the wife of a free agent people want in another company. There was a buzz about her when she was going on about Unions seemingly out of boredom but I think people have forgot she's only Zelina Vega. She's not a benefit to any company as a wrestler and the way she's immediately doubled back on her Union gimmick makes me think no company even wanted her anyway. She's a top example of this trend we have now of people leaving WWE and people getting excited because there are actually options now, when really there's a reason they got sacked to begin with. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2021 The highlight of the whole show, and probably year so far Quote
FUM Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 Pat during Naka’s music is the moment of every week. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 I hope he eventually wins Cole over and we get them both dancing together and it'll be beautiful. Quote
Perry Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 Just heard about Zelina returning. Why did they let her go in the first place just to bring her back in a few months later? They're so fucking weird Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.