Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Why does it seem like everything seemed to change so much in days of yore, yet everything seems to stand still these days? Since the end of the Attitude Era it almost seems like every WWE PPV just merges into the next, whereas before then I can still pretty much recite the results of most major events to a tee.

Think it’s just a psychological thing. A length or time (a day, a week, a month, etc) seems much longer when you’re a kid because it’s a larger percentage of your time alive. As you get older, they just become shorter portions of your time alive and why it feels like “days are getting shorter” or “the year is going so fast this year”.

Whilst true, you watch highlights from a film like The Social Network (2010) or Liverpool v United from 2009 and it’s like a different world (kits, managers, players, in some cases the look of the stadiums) - the lack of care in updating the look and feel of things is a huge reason I’ve disinvested in the product tbh 

I started watching WWF in 1990 and it felt so different by 1993, then 1993 seemed so different to 95. When 97 rolled around it looked like a whole different show compared to what i started watching visually.

WCW nitro completly changed up there sets atleast 3 times in the few years they were on the air. The first was obviously their best but atleast it gave the shows a new vibe.

8 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Think it’s just a psychological thing. A length or time (a day, a week, a month, etc) seems much longer when you’re a kid because it’s a larger percentage of your time alive. As you get older, they just become shorter portions of your time alive and why it feels like “days are getting shorter” or “the year is going so fast this year”.

Nah, wrestling just actually is changing at a much slower pace 

21 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

From my understanding, the jobber in that Pedigree GIF thought it was going to be a piledriver, hence him lifting his legs, jumping with the move and pointing his head down. Imagine the WWF landscape if Hunter Hearst Helmsley decided to use the Tiger Driver '98 as his finisher.

Yeah it was on one of the omega docs. Cham Pain/Marty Garner. He was quite badly hurt if i recall as well

Would be great if they invested in a mad looking new set for when Smackers goes to Fox. Would've been about 2 years between the original 'spaceship' set and then the giant fist one. Two completely different looking sets. Hasn't changed much since they went to HD on 2009 or 2010, which is just mad to me.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Apparently Vince has just started watching Deadwood. Hopefully this bleeds into the main shows and Roman Reigns calls Shane a pie-faced cocksucker or something. 

8 hours ago, DCW said:

Would be great if they invested in a mad looking new set for when Smackers goes to Fox.

Reading these two posts back to back (although they aren't actually related) makes me want Smackdown, or really any wrestling show, to have a western-Deadwood style set. Wooden saloon, the whole thing. 

5 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Reading these two posts back to back (although they aren't actually related) makes me want Smackdown, or really any wrestling show, to have a western-Deadwood style set. Wooden saloon, the whole thing. 

Monday Night Yee-Haw?

6 hours ago, mim731 said:

Ironfist Wrestling did this for a whole year,  they do time travelling shows, last year was The Wild West , this year Medieval

Some pics-

https://m.facebook.com/ironfistwrestling/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1980259252004226&ref=bookmarks

Edited by theringmaster