Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

That's all bonkers.

One that popped into my head fairly recently was based on Jerry Lawler pleading with Austin to stop beating up Vince back in 1999 because "he's 53 years old!", which for some reason is a line of commentary that has stuck in my mind.

Vince's son turns 50 soon and is being pushed as a top heel.

Edited by Statto
Typo.

I just remember when Bob Backlund came back in 1992 and his storyline was basically can this ancient fart from the past still even get in the ring at his old age without having a heart attack.  And he was 44.  AJ Styles is 42.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I just remember when Bob Backlund came back in 1992 and his storyline was basically can this ancient fart from the past still even get in the ring at his old age without having a heart attack.  And he was 44.  AJ Styles is 42.

True, but when he come back (was it 94?) he looked like he was in his 50's. AJ styles could pass as being late 30's

I've no idea if there's a forgotten matches or anything thread, I've tried to search but no joy.

Anyway, I've been watching Austin's return in 2000 after his neck injury, and Jesus Christ Son, he's having TV classics every week. After the initial wet fart of the Rikishi reveal, then the match with HHH, Steve wrestles Benoit, Angle and Regal on consecutive Raws and all are ten minute beauties. It's like Austin thought fuck it, I'm going up against these super workers, I'll show them a thing or two.

Three great matches, three consecutive weeks.

8 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Why was there only ever Kurgan merch out? No other Oddities on the PSOne game either.

Not sure how they got around it on TV, but Golga’s thing was that he had that Eric Cartman doll and wore South Park T-shirts. Acclaim had the licenses for both WWF and South Park video games at the time, so could’ve appeared in WWF Attitude if they wanted. As for the other Oddities, can’t temember if there were women in the game so that could rule Luna out, and who the fuck would choose to play as Giant Silva

Edited by WyattSheepMask

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Acclaim had the licenses for both WWF and South Park video games at the time, so could’ve appeared in WWF Attitude if they wanted.

Not quite how it works, the had licenses to make South Park games and WWF games, use of South Park branding in a WWF game would have required a separate agreement which they may not have seen the value in obtaining. WWE licensing agreements weren't as robust back then in terms of cross-media use; part of the reason why some licensed entrance themes weren't used in the games (RVD's being one I recall) and some home video/DVD releases having dubbed themes because the license had since expired or didn't extend past live TV/event usage.