Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's Tank Meloche, he was one of Tenta's students. Didn't seem to amount to anything beyond that match, but was clearly handpicked to make 'Quake look good.

In terms of him getting suplexed, fundamentally I agree with you but, at the same time, the video isn't the whole match - they might have built to the suplex being pulled off with earlier attempts. 

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

I was reminded of the HBK Hogan match  from Summerslam 2005 while Iw as watching Wrestling with Wregret this morning

How pissed does Hogan look at Shawn's antics early doors? And when he's overselling the big boot? The best bit  is whenhe just gets up, shakes Hogan's hand and walks off halfway through his celebration. Not selling anything. Try and make it look like a "special moment" but he's really just "right, I'm done for the night. Enjoy your hotdogging and  grandstanding." It could have been an interesting series of matches if Hogan hadn't decided that one was enough. It could also have been the same match three times, though. It's some great shitarsery from Shawn. That video package was really  good as well.

Edited by jazzygeofferz
May have been a bit strong.

4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, would’ve been early 99 because he was in the Rumble. 

Last match as Golga was on a House Show 21/2/99 in a Tag match against The Brood. Last TV appearance was 16/2/99 Sunday Night Heat where the Oddities lost an 8 Man Tag against The DOA & Too Much 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I was reminded of the HBK Hogan match  from Summerslam 2005 while Iw as watching Wrestling with Wregret this morning

How pissed does Hogan look at Shawn's antics early doors? And when he's overselling the big boot? The best bit  is whenhe just gets up, shakes Hogan's hand and walks off halfway through his celebration. Not selling anything. Try and make it look like a "special moment" but he's really just "right, I'm done for the night. Enjoy your hotdogging and  grandstanding." It could have been an interesting series of matches if Hogan hadn't decided that one was enough. It could also have been the same match three times, though. It's some great shitarsery from Shawn. That video package was really  good as well.

Absolutely loved everything about this feud.  The initial turn from Michaels, the amazing dickhead heel work in the build, and then the match itself.  Was a very entertaining main event match by itself, but when you watch the chess game going on between the two of them beneath the surface it becomes even more interesting.  One of my all time favourite Sumerslam matches.  

Riho showing up in Stardom was a pleasant surprise. The promotion needed shaking up imo and bringing Riho in should lead to some good matches.

I assumed that she would mostly work for TJPW in Japan (I think she is booked for some shows) but she gave the impression that Stardom will be her priority.

12 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Riho showing up in Stardom was a pleasant surprise. The promotion needed shaking up imo and bringing Riho in should lead to some good matches.

I assumed that she would mostly work for TJPW in Japan (I think she is booked for some shows) but she gave the impression that Stardom will be her priority.

Her schedule for this month is filled up with mostly Stardom dates and only the one TJPW date whilst All Out weekend she is free(so she is probably working the PPV)

Kasey Owens has had to drop out of the 5 star due to Fed Ex messing up her Visa delivery so I was hoping she might be a late addition but they’ll probably add Saya Iida

• Paid Members

Byron Saxton & an apparently heel Renee Young do commentary on Main Event? Sarah Logan's gimmick is that she's Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn? Wow. 

• Paid Members

Was watching some crap film called "Firepower" from 1994 yesterday and Ultimate Warrior played the big heel in the film. Movie was crap but he was doing all the Warrior mannerisms and he was a bad guy. It could have worked big time around this time if he came in as a heel. Totally would have made money.

I saw a clip of Scott Steiner wrestling Joey Ryan from some indy the other day, and it got me thinking.  Scott wrestled in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and looks like he'll wrestle in the 20s as well as he's looking alright out there still considering he's nearly 60.

How many other wrestlers are there who wrestled in the 80s who are still going?  The Undertaker I guess wrestled in the 80s but that's probably it from active WWE wrestlers.  Are there many others approaching their 5th decade in wrestling?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

I saw a clip of Scott Steiner wrestling Joey Ryan from some indy the other day, and it got me thinking.  Scott wrestled in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and looks like he'll wrestle in the 20s as well as he's looking alright out there still considering he's nearly 60.

How many other wrestlers are there who wrestled in the 80s who are still going?  The Undertaker I guess wrestled in the 80s but that's probably it from active WWE wrestlers.  Are there many others approaching their 5th decade in wrestling?

Sid started in 89 didn’t he?