Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Bobcore Holly is great. Genuinely a big fan. Wrestling needs more meat-and-potatoes guys like him. 

As far as stuff not already mentioned, Holly had some great matches with Kurt Angle in the early 2000s. There was one on Smackdown in 2001 and other ones in 2004 on Smackdown and Velocity. They had really good chemistry (just don't mention the moonsault). 

As well as the infamous back injury match, he and RVD had some other belters in that era. 

There was a canny match with Orton on Smacky D in 2005, too. Long and more competitive than you'd think. 

Fuck it, stick him and the Roadie from the 95 King of the Ring on there, too. 

• Paid Members

Bob Holly is indeed great. His book is quality and as a long running joke of Bob being my bro's fave, we booked a meet and greet at WrestleCon with him. Loved a chat, was proper friendly and it was great to chat about his career. He proper doesnt like Triple H though. Something he mentioned about four hundred times in the space of the 8 minute conversation.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, gmoney said:

The come out after Jim Cornette's Rock and Roll Express lose to the Headbangers, beating down Mosh and Thrasher. Jimbo introduces them, then they turn on the Rock and Rolls, making them look ultra pathetic.

What Raw would this be on? Cheers.

7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I also seem to recall a fun Survivor Series elimination match at the 99 event with Holly coming out on top. Can’t be arsed to check who else was in it.

Against Edge and Christian and the Hardy's wasn't it? Holly's and Too Cool. 

• Paid Members

A clip of him stiffing on all the Tough Enough season 2 trainees? That one where he beat Rene Dupree black and blue? 

16 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

It's quarter to midnight on Christmas Eve and I'm watching UWF II with Akira Maeda and Co and I'm thinking "if WWE did shoot style wrestling with its current roster, the 18-49 demo would be double what AEW are doing at the moment" 

Pretty sure anyone who wants to watch "shoot style" now has better options than fake wrestling pretending to be shoot style. 

Has any official footage ever surfaced of the Legends presentation that they held at Summerslam '92? I think it included Larry Hennig and Pat Patterson. I know there's been a bit of ropey fan-cam (with homophobic commentary) but it'd be great to see it as part of a full edit of the event on the Network.  I can't believe with all the cameras that day it wasn't recorded.

• neil locked this topic