Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

This cracked me up as a 12 year old kid and it still does now I’m 35. Paul Bearer putting WCW’s Cruiserweights to shame with this aerial assault;

AE56BE4F-ABFB-410E-A10C-F720EF0B740D.gif

I’ve just watched this 12 times in a row and now I think I’ll watch it 12 more. Outstanding dive, suck on that AEW!

• Paid Members

My favourite spot from that era was Ahmed Johnson giving someone from the Nation a Pearl River Plunge through the French announce booth, only for poor Jacques Rougeau Jr to try and continue broadcasting from the wreck that was left behind. One of the few spots that legit cracked up my dad, who generally hates wrestling.

JLxr3EpNUcPp5hXGMXOvw5dktI1UAiZ5kYhzh4ag

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Christ, that looks devastating.

When I see the “old” table spots like this, it’s not the going through the table that worried me but those monitors bouncing up and then coming down. Wouldn’t like to take the corner of one of those to the face!

2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

My favourite spot from that era was Ahmed Johnson giving someone from the Nation a Pearl River Plunge through the French announce booth, only for poor Jacques Rougeau Jr to try and continue broadcasting from the wreck that was left behind. One of the few spots that legit cracked up my dad, who generally hates wrestling.

JLxr3EpNUcPp5hXGMXOvw5dktI1UAiZ5kYhzh4ag

From the same show as the Bearer gif I believe, Royal Rumble 97?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Christ, that looks devastating.

When I see the “old” table spots like this, it’s not the going through the table that worried me but those monitors bouncing up and then coming down. Wouldn’t like to take the corner of one of those to the face!

I think after Diesel stuck HBK through one in the Mad Dog Vachon leg match and he had monitors fall on him, thereafter it was required that monitors be removed before you do that spot.

17 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Lost count how many times I watched that particular Michaels Vs. Diesel match. 

IYH7 right? 

I always like how raw the match looks, HBK crawling out of the table wreckage angry, grabs a steel chair but the cables are stuck but he just goes with it.

Also love Diesel swinging punches but missing and Michaels cracking him, doesn't sound much bit I always liked that spot.

To think what we could've had with a heel attitude era Diesel 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

To think what we could've had with a heel attitude era Diesel 

People are probably bored of me going on about this, but its criminal that Diesel only got interesting after his heel turn in late 95/early 96, and six months later he was gone. His smiley babyface title run was total cack, its hardly surprising and not really his fault that 1995 didn't smash any box office records.

Its a bit similar with Jake Roberts for me. Was never arsed about face Jake the Snake  but that heel run from the summer of 91 to the sping of 92? Another fantastic incarnation that was prematurely ended.

That said, without Kevin Nash leaving for WCW in 1996 we may never have got the nWo, and that wasn't bad was it?

One thing I loved about Diesel's turn at the end of his WWE run as well is the fact that he still very much acknowledged anyone who'd still follow him. I'm not sure anyone was let do that by Vince prior. He was a definite bad guy, but he'd give you the nod and fist bump if you brought a sign or bothered cheering for him still. 

8 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

One thing I loved about Diesel's turn at the end of his WWE run as well is the fact that he still very much acknowledged anyone who'd still follow him. I'm not sure anyone was let do that by Vince prior. He was a definite bad guy, but he'd give you the nod and fist bump if you brought a sign or bothered cheering for him still. 

Closest to that would be Bret Hart with the USA/ Canada stuff I guess. 

Diesel's heel turn was similar to what we got with Batista in 2009/2010 in that his character improved greatly and he became far more interesting but was gone very shortly after it begun.