Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

It may be that they viewed Kamala as a big of a racist trope that looks pretty bad in 2020 eyes. Not sure if that would bbe enough to make it adult. Weirdly both wrestler and politician both have same surname IRL which I didn't know til recently. 

Doubt it’s that, unless Smack em Whack em becomes 18+. They’d have to turn every video with Yoko, Headshrinkers, Shango etc adult to if that was the case.

Keep in mind, this was flagged during the counting of election votes.

Either way, their system isn’t processed bulky humans, it’s generally key words in a database. Or someone has reported it.

• Paid Members

In other news about Kamala, his just giving page (to help his family with funeral expenses and cost of living etc) is approaching $35k. Original goal was $5k I believe, anyway, nice to see a wrestlers Just Giving page doing well, especially as it has a real purpose and not just Justin Credible or Teddy Hart looking forward a payday.

4483E903-08E5-415B-AE56-51860898DBD1.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Has anyone had better (multiple) entrance music in WWE history than Billy Gunn? 

The New Age Outlaws theme, Assman, Look at All I've Got, You Look so Good to Me - each one of them is an absolute banger. 

Agreed, but you forgot Rockabilly

Edited by PSF

• Paid Members

I always thought Cody Rhodes came out to exclusively crackers in WWE:

- Hardcore Holly's "How Do You Like Me Now" theme

- Priceless, then the proper Legacy theme

- the "Out to Kill" stock theme

- all 3 versions of Smoke & Mirrors

- Common Man once or twice

- Goldust's theme, then the Stardust version thereof.

Then he got let loose on his own and chose an absolute heap of shite.

3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Has anyone had better (multiple) entrance music in WWE history than Billy Gunn? 

The New Age Outlaws theme, Assman, Look at All I've Got, You Look so Good to Me - each one of them is an absolute banger. 

Great shout. I absolutely love Billy Gunn. I don't know why he didn't have any real long term success as a singles guy. He was gold. I was 10 around the age of his King of the Ring win so I can't remember why it didn't amount to a WWE title shot and 10 year old me certainly thought he was a great heel during that time.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Great shout. I absolutely love Billy Gunn. I don't know why he didn't have any real long term success as a singles guy. He was gold. I was 10 around the age of his King of the Ring win so I can't remember why it didn't amount to a WWE title shot and 10 year old me certainly thought he was a great heel during that time.

He never really had any good singles matches or came up with anything that could get him out the midcard. Also his singles run coincided with a time period where the card was stacked with some of the most popular wrestlers of all time. I've always liked him though, seems like a good standup guy. Especially compared to that snivelling shite-bag Road Dogg.

• Paid Members

Yeah that’s the thing, he was never getting a look in when you had Austin, The Rock properly hitting his stride, Triple H, Undertaker, Foley etc. I always liked him but his best hope as a single back then was probably the Intercontinental title. Did seem a bit wank though that all his KOTR winning ‘push’ amounted to was a match with Rock at SummerSlam where his face ended up in that fat woman’s arse crack. Then within months they’d hit the reset button and he was back to teaming with Road Dogg. 

I remember hearing that they didn’t really have anyone else to win KOTR and Taker was out injured, Austin was about to leave for surgery and because Gunn had the height and the body, they went for him. But once they realised he was nothing more than a decent mid-card safe pair of hands who couldn’t cut a promo, they binned him off. Especially with the arrival of Jericho and then the Radicalz later on, he wasn’t needed in the top spot. There was also a rumour floating round too that Austin refused to job to him. 

Basically, as The Rock said on Heat before their match "Hi my name's Billy and I won King of the Ring. The only problem is that everyone knows that I absolutely suck."