Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

YouTube have turned one of my old videos to adult only. It was a basic draw to determine the winner of a comp, for a private group of people, who donated to his just giving page when he passed away. The video was a very basic ‘random draw’ to show proof it had been done fairly. No opinions, nothing of general discussion, a boring draw. In fact, I believe it was set to private (view with link only) at the time.
However, it has the name Kamala in the title.

067E7D0C-8ED8-42AF-8F8B-32B911227A1B.thumb.jpeg.ecba4c437362467118d1dd5194e2a355.jpeg

After asking around for a possible reason, It’s assumed it’s because of Kamala Harris the politician, and as most political videos are turned to adult only, and youtube are so broken they can’t tell the difference between these two people, or their review system clearly doesn’t actually review anything.

1F3AE663-99E5-44ED-A3E9-93C7BA965960.thumb.jpeg.31b7652eb590bd1f16c1d968780186f9.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Surely with the fairly small margin for error there's no decent person on the planet.

If someone has a different opinion to you makes them a bad person then we're all fucked, no wonder the world is in the state it is these days

There's an ocean of difference between a simple difference of opinion ("Schools should get more funding!" "Not before hospitals do!") and positions that accomplish nothing but harm to others.

• Paid Members

Spud. The answer is Spud. He's the nicest guy in wrestling.

Also, I guess this is your own moral compass. If you cheat on your wife, I think that's an awful thing to do, so I don't think that Bret is a good guy. Some bloke being an arsehole once doesn't mean they aren't are an awful person  

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Spud. The answer is Spud. He's the nicest guy in wrestling.

Met him a few times back when he was one of the only big deals in British wrestling (around 07/08?) and he was always an arsehole who clearly thought he was above everyone else.

I had very small involvement in UK wrestling some 18 - 20 years ago, worked a few shows, met a few locker rooms, housed some imports and drove a few people around. The wife and I were fortunate to work a few IWW tapings, and we both agree that the welcoming atmosphere was vast. Manson, Vinny, Sheamus and everyone in between were amazing. We've put up Manson since, alongside Shimmer regulars, Mschif,and Alison Danger, and all were some of the nicest people we've encountered in wrestling. Len Davies, while he may have his flaws in business, is as giving a person as I've ever met. A bit of a polarizing character though, I'm sure.   

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Met him a few times back when he was one of the only big deals in British wrestling (around 07/08?) and he was always an arsehole who clearly thought he was above everyone else.

I'm biased because I worked with him a fair number of times, but he was always one of the more welcoming and open people I met in wrestling on a regular basis. There were plenty who weren't, but he and a lot of the Brum crew were thoroughly good guys.

That said, he could wind people up properly sometimes by being a sod, and sometimes unprofessional. He was responsible for "The Sickest Match In British Wrestling", when he and Luke Phoenix faced The Kartel in IPW:UK - because he used to smoke and not do much cardio, he gassed early, and in that match, he ended up puking from the exertion, the smell of which caused Terry Frazier to puke, which in turn caused Sha Samuels to puke. People were furious at him afterwards.

2 hours ago, ThumpSquids said:

I had very small involvement in UK wrestling some 18 - 20 years ago, worked a few shows, met a few locker rooms, housed some imports and drove a few people around. The wife and I were fortunate to work a few IWW tapings, and we both agree that the welcoming atmosphere was vast. Manson, Vinny, Sheamus and everyone in between were amazing. We've put up Manson since, alongside Shimmer regulars, Mschif,and Alison Danger, and all were some of the nicest people we've encountered in wrestling. Len Davies, while he may have his flaws in business, is as giving a person as I've ever met. A bit of a polarizing character though, I'm sure.   

Ms. Chif was an absolute sweetheart when I met her, very engaging and chatty to everyone. I don't think I ever got to meet Alison Danger, but her brother (Steve Corino) was always a cool guy, very funny. Manson is just as insane in real life as he is in wrestling, and a lovely lad to boot. Len is a generous guy - as I've mentioned before on here, he helped me record my first voice reel.

Also, you and your lovely lady were always good eggs in my book. 

4 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Except for the time he planned to murder Paul Heyman at Wrestlemania 17 before killing himself. What a top lad, eh. 

But he is a top lad, because he realised that “Would’ve ruined the event for so many people”. He’s always been a joke and despite his “loyalty” to ECW despite “big interest” from both WWF and WCW he’s proven time & again that had either come to him in the late 90s he’d have snapped their hand off

16 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Also, you and your lovely lady were always good eggs in my book. 

Very kind. Sarah, (the wife / Eden Black) cherishes those positive memories/relationships, as she has quite a few shitty ones too, with certain people taking liberties, etc. I never had any difficulties with that sort of thing, thankfully, and although I'll always regret not putting more into the business, I had a pretty good time, in all. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But he is a top lad, because he realised that “Would’ve ruined the event for so many people”. He’s always been a joke and despite his “loyalty” to ECW despite “big interest” from both WWF and WCW he’s proven time & again that had either come to him in the late 90s he’d have snapped their hand off

I love hearing Raven talk about Dreamer and paint him as a big soft mark. 

I'm sure he tells a story about him welling up at a 1PW show because it was "such a big moment" which he found hilarious.