Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Just seen Jericho's tweet in the election thread and it got me thinking, is there any wrestler who was popular twenty years ago who hasn't turned out to be a knob in some way? (Yes I know Rock is the obvious answer but I thought that Ballers was, ironically, a bag of wank) 

Austin twatted Debra and said 'see you down the road' loads on that programme he did, Foley went pervy as fuck, Jericho's just an embarrassment, Hogan's racist, Benoit goes without saying plus him and Malenko looked like the Time Bandits when they were running after Austin backstage at Survivor Series 2000

24 minutes ago, Pogue said:

Just seen Jericho's tweet in the election thread and it got me thinking, is there any wrestler who was popular twenty years ago who hasn't turned out to be a knob in some way? (Yes I know Rock is the obvious answer but I thought that Ballers was, ironically, a bag of wank) 

I know you're probably referring to wrestlers from the Attitude era but given that he debuted in 2002 does Batista count?

Edited by RedRooster

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

“Went?”

Haha well he mentioned having a go at that lad videoing Chyna's tits in his first book so obviously he used to be a fine chivalrous gentleman, I think Melina's forearm touching his knob when she low blowed him must've affected him

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Sting?

First thought, too. He doesn’t seem to have come out as a raging Republican nut yet. That’s not to say he doesn’t vote Republican, mind.

I would have said Kane up until a few months ago, but then—with no sense or irony—he came out as an anti-masker during the pandemic.

Edited by Your Fight Site

2 hours ago, Pogue said:

Just seen Jericho's tweet in the election thread and it got me thinking, is there any wrestler who was popular twenty years ago who hasn't turned out to be a knob in some way?

Nash is top of the list of good lads, alongside Batista.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

I would have said Kane up until a few months ago, but then—with no sense or irony—he came out as an anti-masker during the pandemic.

I wouldn't have. He's a self-described Libertarian. In the US, that usually means "a right-wing cunt". Especially if it's a wrestler who works for WWE. Yet to meet any left-wing Libertarians here, let alone the US. 

57 minutes ago, sukhy said:

Nash is top of the list of good lads, alongside Batista.

20 years ago everyone hated Nash as he was killing WCW, plus casual fans would've been bored to fuck of him with how many times he turned in 2000, plus he was probably sat there 5 years earlier while HBK was spiking womens drinks

Big Dave doesn't count 1/ he wasn't on telly twenty years ago and 2/ he proves my point wrong 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Pogue said:

20 years ago everyone hated Nash as he was killing WCW, plus casual fans would've been bored to fuck of him with how many times he turned in 2000, plus he was probably sat there 5 years earlier while HBK was spiking womens drinks

Yah, but they hated him from a wrestling perspective. As a real person, he's well liked.