Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

He's kind of ruined his aura a bit for me. "First Time Meeting the Undertaker" show on the Network was actually cringe-worthy. His gimmick worked in the 90s and until the 2010s but he's a total channel changer for me now. He should have legit retired years ago.

22 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

He's kind of ruined his aura a bit for me. "First Time Meeting the Undertaker" show on the Network was actually cringe-worthy. His gimmick worked in the 90s and until the 2010s but he's a total channel changer for me now. He should have legit retired years ago.

They've kind of milked it a bit too much for me. Perhaps if there had been a proper good bye Infront of fans already I might feel differently but as usual it's becoming a bit too much now and the aura has definately gone. 

Quite funny how it went from 'The Undertaker never gives interviews or breaks kayfabe' to him being all over social media, on about three different podcast/interview shows a week and now he has multiple out-of-character documentaries on the Network as well. 

The bloke's been retired less than a year and it's probably the most I've seen of him in about a decade. 

I have enjoyed the documentaries and there's clearly a lot more they can do with him, but they're burning through content quite quickly. 

I've no idea what subscription figures are like this year, but if the lack of live atmosphere is hurting them then I could imagine them being pretty desperate for Network incentives.

Might as well milk the old fucker for all he's worth before he starts pushing a GoFundMe for the next Kyle Rittenhouse.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Are people believing this “farewell” for Undertaker? Or is he just going to wrestle again whenever they can go back to Saudi?

I'm fully expecting Styles to interrupt him before he says a word, maybe the big basketball fella knocks him down with a boot or something, and off we go to Mania.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Statto said:

I'm fully expecting Styles to interrupt him before he says a word, maybe the big basketball fella knocks him down with a boot or something, and off we go to Mania.

yeah, that's pretty much my expectation - AJ hides behind the big lad to interrupt the ceremony, to set up a "proper" retirement match at Mania. Until the next one.