Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

Posted

He's been someone I've watched, followed and enjoyed greatly for three decades. For me, to see all this behind the curtains stuff is absolutely fascinating and the main reason I have the Network these days. Are they milking it? Absolutely, but there's been enough variety in the output to keep me interested. I loved the main series, the stuff about Paul Bearer, the interview with Austin etc. It's obviously an easy win for them in Covid times in terms of content but it's still enjoyable.

As for him retiring, I really struggle with the idea of him actually having a final appearance in front of no crowd at all. If I was a betting man I'd definitely think he comes back in front of a live crowd one last time at least. Hopefully not to wrestle but at least something. If anything because I think he deserves it.

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Network content has been fantastic, the Bearer doc is what makes the network great, getting these type of things on "lesser" characters is always fascinating.

Broken Skull 2 should be great too, so much ground and depth to cover that a second still might not do him justice.

I do think he'll appear at Mania in some form as he deserves a goodbye in front of fans and vice versa, if he's planning on wrestling hopefully he's training now rather than waiting til Feb like in his doc.

Love Taker so I'm happy to get see so much of him after all these years.

Posted
5 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Quite funny how it went from 'The Undertaker never gives interviews or breaks kayfabe' to him being all over social media, on about three different podcast/interview shows a week and now he has multiple out-of-character documentaries on the Network as well. 

The bloke's been retired less than a year and it's probably the most I've seen of him in about a decade. 

Not that I'm against hearing Taker speak, but I'm sure I read it on here a few years ago that The Undertaker is basically a 6'10 Paul Scholes in that regard. 

The mystique is disappearing, and we are left with a bit of a dour sod, one who we used to respect and idolize.

And they are both gingers. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Best thing on the Network is the "Best of..." series. "Best of Yokozuna" was great. It lasted over three hours too. I was hooked.

Posted

15 years to the day that Eddie Guerrero passed away. I still remember my mate telling me about it in the morning once I'd got in to school, felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

Absolutely adored Eddie, first time I saw him must have been WCW in 98, after cartoon network had finished up on a Friday night, and was a mark for him from early on. 

Recently got the missus to watch Eddie vs Rey from Havoc 97 with me and it still holds up. Might be able to convince her to watch Eddie vs Brock with me next. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

This reminds me of the bloke who used to drink in my dad's local, Bogroll Combes. He read that Marmite encouraged hair growth and had slathered it all over his thinning bonce. He stank of it apparently. 

Posted
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

This reminds me of the bloke who used to drink in my dad's local, Bogroll Combes. He read that Marmite encouraged hair growth and had slathered it all over his thinning bonce. He stank of it apparently. 

Did you like him or hate him?

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Did you like him or hate him?

I had no strong feelings about him. My dad regarded him as a nuisance, but him and his mates still drank with him. As you can probably imagine, this wasn't the only story about him. 

  • Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Headbutts need fucking off out of wrestling. 

Even Stardom wrestlers are nutting each other now. It's not tough, it's fucking stupid.

It mostly looks shit as well, headbutting into the neck/shoulder. 

Bin it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This cracked me up as a 12 year old kid and it still does now I’m 35. Paul Bearer putting WCW’s Cruiserweights to shame with this aerial assault;

AE56BE4F-ABFB-410E-A10C-F720EF0B740D.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...