Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It's arguable. Mae tends to be credited with having worked in nine consecutive decades (1939 - 2014), but there's only anecdotal evidence she was working in the '70s, and most likely wasn't working in the '80s. 

So in terms of start date to end date, I'd be amazed if anyone has her beat, but there's an asterisk next to that.

Plus there's no actual record of her working before 1941.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Plus there's no actual record of her working before 1941.

That would be the year she started with Billy Wolfe, right? Given the time period, it would have been unusual for her to be getting bookings prior to being in Wolfe's stable, I suppose. 

• Paid Members

Terry Funk for me is the only proper wrestler to still work in his 70s. Dory and Lou Thesz just roll and do takedowns. Mad old cunt Terry was still bumping and taking ladders to the head for House of Hardcore a few years back.

Poor Terry lost his wife recently, and by all accounts he's took is (understandably) bad. I think we may have seen the last of him in a ring.

That Tito match is everything I aspire indie wrestling to be. A WWE hall of famer, wrestling in front of 100 people in a high school gym, against a fat bloke wearing face paint, at a family friendly show with someone wearing a shirt saying "or I'll kick you in the cunt!".

Glorious. 

AEW take note.

21 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Terry Funk for me is the only proper wrestler to still work in his 70s. Dory and Lou Thesz just roll and do takedowns. Mad old cunt Terry was still bumping and taking ladders to the head for House of Hardcore a few years back.

Poor Terry lost his wife recently, and by all accounts he's took is (understandably) bad. I think we may have seen the last of him in a ring.

Mae Young took a powerbomb through a table aged 77.  Twice.  The second time off the entrance ramp.  Give the old girl her credit.

On 8/17/2019 at 12:52 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Terry Funk for me is the only proper wrestler to still work in his 70s... [He] was still bumping and taking ladders to the head for House of Hardcore a few years back.

Ian was saying that Terry was properly wrestling in his 70s cos he was taking proper bumps.  So was Mae!  And she was working singles and tag matches that year.

Edited by Loki