Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Paul Orndoff would have been a good choice to round out the Horsemen after Flair's return to WCW in '93.

Would a modern day "Allstars" touring promotion still work today do you think? I remember attending a World Wrestling Allstars show back in the early 2000's and had a cracking time. Always thought it was a great concept. A yearly tour of UK, Europe et all with the best free agent talent from america, the rosters changing each year as people are signed/released from WWE and co. Would definitely buy a ticket if there was something similar today.

But obviously we were a bit starved for wrestling here back then, the UK scene wasn't anywhere near as good as today and i often wonder if todays fan would just end up sh*tting on it as its "full of imports" etc plus i'm not sure today's fan would appreciate Stevie Ray yelling about Fruit Bootys and Jeff Jarrett vs Road Dogg in the main.

If you were booking the tour for todays audience, who is out there and available, i.e. not under contract to WWE / AEW? 

Ryback has name value, he was so over at one point and probably would be refreshing considering he hasn't done much since leaving WWE so not overexposed. 

Enzo and Cas would definitely be on the list, people forget how over they were. 

Could bring back the guest commissioner role too - Foley, Bret Hart, Cornette et al, a legend not active in ring but would sell meet and greets. 

I admit its not great, probably a bad time considering WWE and AEW are hoovering up anyone of note but just a random thought i had and interested to hear what others think, who you'd pick?

It’s a completely different time in wrestling now. WWA was basically a Ghost of WCW promotion, featuring boom period stars who weren’t welcome in/available to WWE. There aren’t enough stars of that level anymore to fill an arena tour, and the market isn’t the same. In 2002, hardcore wrestling fandom wasn’t all about making sure Vince knows he’s not your real dad. People just fucking loved the wrestling and missed WCW. But WWA didn’t last, and the audience for those kind of shows died out. There was that promotion in mainland Europe that did these kind of shows and basically killed the market in every country. The Hogan vs Flair tour was ten years ago now, and it was a flop even with limited dates. 

Anyway, hypothetically I’d book (if they’re available):

CM Punk 

Ryback

John Morrison

Bad News Barrett

Alberto Del Rio (stupid idea but I’d still do it)

Jack Swagger

Mr Kennedy

MVP

Carlito

Chris Masters 

Damien Sandow

Enzo & Cass 

Emma

Layla

Hornswoggle

The Great Khali

The shite lads from Nexus

Evan Bourne

Santino 

On 9/2/2019 at 10:24 PM, King Pitcos said:

It’s a completely different time in wrestling now. WWA was basically a Ghost of WCW promotion, featuring boom period stars who weren’t welcome in/available to WWE. There aren’t enough stars of that level anymore to fill an arena tour, and the market isn’t the same. In 2002, hardcore wrestling fandom wasn’t all about making sure Vince knows he’s not your real dad.

This is the furthest I can usually make it through your posts. Does every other post have to reference Vince not being Dad? It is weird that you go on about it so much 

24 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

This is the furthest I can usually make it through your posts. Does every other post have to reference Vince not being Dad? It is weird that you go on about it so much 

Shoving the reference down your throat just like Vince (who isn’t your real dad) shoves Cena and Reigns down your throat.